A Tale to Tell Once Again

Chapter 31

Hunter's POV

Mia took a deep breath, stopped for a moment. "Pa, I have experience ten lives including now. You must be wondering it's impossible, am I right? Believe it or not, I am telling the truth." She was playing with her fingers and looking down at them. Again, Mia paused for a while. I caress her back. Knowing she is hesitating to tell her story. She's hesitant that I'll judge and not believe her words. "Continue, your my daughter I'll always believe you. Before I have raised you for six years. That six years I know if your lying or not. And I raised you not being like that." A smile formed on my lips. Though Mia was six years old she wasn't a liar. She was honest and sincere.

She sighed for the second time, "In the whole ten lives, I have been repeating it in the same family, life, path, fate, and misfortune. Every lifetime I was killed by the people I loved from the start. The people I both loved and hated. I resented them. Yet the resentment I felt often backfired to me. I was naive to hope for my family's love in my first life, but my adoptive older brother, Ezekiel, killed me because of the false hurting to his real sister. The second was his brother which is my second older brother, Adrian. The third was my non-related father Victor De Alegro. Fourth is Alejandro La Rosenches Lune the current crown prince's brother. Fifth, the crown prince himself Claude La Rosenches Lune. Sixth, Roman, presently the magic tower's young magician; A talented alchemist. Seventh, Eclipse a now slave boy afterward a soon-to-be knight. Eight, Tristan a thief, a bandit to be exact. And last Arhad, a vigilante, a man I loved before." Her last line sounded bitter.

Arhad? Heh? I'll remember that name. He is the man my daughter loved? He's the man I'll kill sooner or later. Plus bastards Victor, Ezekiel, Adrian, Roman, Tristan, Eclipse, Claude, Alejandro. Fuck those jerks. But wait, except those two, Tristan and Eclipse. Somehow they are really familiar.

"Those nine people killed me in every reincarnation I've been. I have tried, I maintained trying. Trying to be happy. Took revenge and all. But still died in the ending. I've become despair. Not wanting another light to blind me in hoping I'll die happily nor die peacefully. I've done everything I could do. Runaway from the De Alegro family and all. Nevertheless, the stroke of ill fortune hunts and welcomes me afresh to my own karma. That family somehow manages to find me in other ways. The root cause of my murder was Charlotte. Because of that damn bitch, she's the real daughter of my foster father. Everyone adored her while they despised me. Don't get me wrong I'm not jealous of that two-faced trash. Dad, your daughter is suffering more than I shouldn't have suffered in the first place. Plus because of my hatred towards all, I killed dozens. No, it was more than that. Your daughter is a killer, a murderer, a sinner. Pa, you must be disappointed at what I did." Mia looked at me.

So my daughter is being tortured by that so-called real daughter of her father thing and whatsoever. Charlotte, another one on my list who I will kill sooner or later.

Smiling at her. To relieve her worries. I took hold of her hands. It wasn't trembling as I thought. I thought that she was scared of what has happened to her. Her sufferings got through her and to be traumatized. However, I was wrong, my mind was clouded with nonsense fear impressions of what adds to her torments. My daughter has grown. Thus she has grown to a person strong enough to fight in regardless of what circumstances or fate will be held to her. For many years, I wasn't beside her. I'll compensate for everything. To everything.

"Mia, I... will never be disheartened or lose certainty to you. You are my only pride and joy. My happiness. Whatever choice you need or what's your necessity I will give it to you wholeheartedly. No less will I give you. Therefore, what is it that you desire now? In your tenth life. Why did you come to me? What help can I give you? Mia," Querying her. I was like a common villager worshiping a spirit or rather a deity. Redeeming only what Mia's yearning. "Papa, I came to you so that I'll attain my own domain. A territory that I have my own place and people. Trustworthy ones. I have planned everything since three years ago. Papa, I need you to gather many people as much as you can. For three years, I have already had another batch of fighters being trained by me. Yet it isn't enough." Mia was directly confronting me.

"Another batch? Why? If so far you have already had many people with you. Why make another set?" I asked again. Mia let out a big groaned, "Dad, I have vowed to the goddess of this empire. To protect only my origin's place." I was surprised, people who declare a pledge to the Goddess Farrah are priests, saints, magicians, warlocks, sorceress/sorcerers plus knights. Was she an alchemist or a knight? "Mia, what are you before?" Questioning her, my daughter grinned. "Me? I was the first female general who led the war successfully then promoted as the emperor's adviser. A mysterious merchant from the south. Also became the powerful mage who killed the demon king. I attain higher ranks in politics or nobility many times. No matter what I set off somehow fate always murder me in the end. And because of my loving to this empire, I made a promise to the Goddess to only protect this place." She sarcastically expresses. "Don't worry, princess. I am here. I'll be one of your supporters." I uttered. Mia was about to say something when then she coughs blood. Startled, fear, upset, anxious, surprised are the ones I felt. Feeling I will lose another person in my life. I shouted her name. Held her more closely.

Mia then took a small container. Wait, is those medicines? For what? I was both confuse and furious. Furious that is her current family abusing her? "Mia, what are does for?" My question and I were bordering darkness in it. "These are the drugs that I need to take every day. It's really helpful sometimes. Since my personal maid is poisoning me every day. And oh, my uncle which is my current father's brother is a physician. My medicines are made by him. It contains three rare things which are Moonflowers, Angel's Tears, and Devil's herbs." Poisoning every day? I felt my dark magic rose so was my violet hair to raven hair. "What is this?! Is your new family abusing you?! Tell me what are they doing to you. Shit, I'll hunt them now." I shouted. Fuming into my own rage. I knew I was scaring her yet Mia is not like an ordinary child that I can easily frighten. I was about to stand and thinking to walk to the door. My mind was fogged with many thoughts of killing. Her guardian was me and at the same time, I was her relative. It was me. I let my daughter come up against the world to survive while I didn't do anything. Mia to others I'm their cunning master but to you, I'm your father who is both useless and clueless. I may not know what sufferings she has been through however I can feel her despair. Mia notices it she later hugged me. She cuddled me at the back, "Papa, it's okay, I'm okay. Though I can't move on. I just want in this life someone can kill me peacefully or I can die peacefully. Thus don't be worried about my countless lives I can handle myself." Mia was laughing while saying such words.

My anger disappeared but my raven hair maintains as it is. "Mia, I will protect you, only you. Please, share your burden with me." I uttered. Her tight grip towards me loosened. Facing my daughter, I want to know why she was silent for a span. "Dear, tell me why are you speechless?" I asked. My daughter just smiled a bitter one. "Dad, don't overprotect me. Because someday you may lose your own life just because of me." I didn't reply. Curtsying whilst leaning at her little forehead. We both keep mute while smiling. Easing each other's pain and happiness. Odelyn, your daughter and I have united. Wherever you are, my dear sister, this time I will protect your daughter dearly. Please guide me since you know your family's curse.