A Memoir's Kiss

Chapter 38

Ashlyn's POV

Two days after my encounter with Adrian. Dusk is at this moment conquering the day. I finish my mother's papers. I'd obtain more statistics in her papers. It took me two and a half-day to finish the book. Well, I blame my speed reading comprehension that's why I completed reading my mom's papyrus.

Here's another detail about the mind behind the cursed thing with my predecessors. It looks like another person siding with the warlock. But as his foe, not an ally. A foe, he was a rivalry of the warlock. The warlock and he didn't like each other for the reason they didn't have the same thoughts. About why do they, sorcerer/sorceress, always be the people who need to help those normal peoples. The tension around those two often gets into something.

He is also a warlock. However, on his side of the story. This warlock was known to be a sorcerer from a small village. Where my ancestors lived and where the damn warlock who agreed with the demon lord is. He helped many townspeople with his magic. Leo Cirillo is his name. In my ancestors' early years that he was a snake that stayed tamed for the warlock he betrayed. To perfidy the male witch that curses my mother's family. Leo didn't deny he has also hatred towards one person out of all the members of my mother's ancestors. And it was the fourth son of the family, Orion. Leo was angry at Orion because he was opposed. Orion was against Leo's love for his older brother, the first son, Emil. His older brother and Leo had a secret relationship away from our ancestors. Orion was an overprotective younger sibling towards Emil. The eldest son was known for having the weakest body out of six children of their family.

Orion withstands every affection Leo made for his brother. Orion pitted him but he didn't want to get carried away. His brother was weak. Orion didn't want his brother to get hurt by some people or guy. It wasn't only Orion who was against Leo for Emil. The whole family didn't accept Leo for he was a guy who has no background. An anonymous guy who helps others. Mother's ancestors didn't care if their first son will love someone who has the same gender as he is. Emil's happiness was their priority. They often think that what if Emil gets hurt by Leo. A powerful warlock in their eyes that is stronger than their weak first son. What if Leo does something to their sibling/son? They didn't take chances or risks or gamble to identify Leo. To have time to recognize him as someone who can be worthy of Emil's love. Their theories had already influenced them to not trust Leo. It was frequently in their thoughts. Our ancestors were both scared and terrified that Leo may do something dangerous. Time after time they imagine that something will happen to Emil because of Leo. Their perceptions blinded them.

Who would have thought in that early years? Their most frightful torment came to their first son. He fell from a serious ailment. Leo heard the news about it. At that time, he was in another town helping a person who needed someone who can use healing magic. As Leo heard the message from his assistant. That he instructed to keep an eye on Emil if something happens to him. He didn't hesitate to rush back to their village where he was. When he came back to heal him with his power. Emil's family stop him. Saying he was no help. Leo couldn't tolerate their ignorance. He made his way to enter Emil's house. Walking to his room. Leo before had sneaked into his house to spend time together with Emil. Seeing his lover breathless in his death bed. On his side where his mother and sisters are crying. Leo knew when he saw him, Emil, had already left. Leave his family. Leave him. Leave the world.

Leo cried and cried until he walked out of his lover's house. My ancestors are in rage for the reason that it was Leo's fault. Though they also couldn't spot why did they blame him. When he walks outside from Emil's house. He was welcomed with Emil's family with a torch and spading forks in their hands. Our ancestors are that furious causing themselves to blame an innocent person who just loved their relative. Their hearts couldn't take the pain leading them to fault Leo. His lover's family beat him until his own body got limp. Leo's body was in deep pain not because of the wounds Emil's family gave or the big burn mark that was given at the side of his face. His pain was from the death of his only lover.