Never be the Last

Chapter 41

Ashlyn's POV

I am still dumbfounded. At last, someone has remembered the past. I never wished for it or hoped that someone may nor will reconcile it. This is just astonishing. I'm kinda relief that it's uncle Philip who remembered it. Outside I may not care that someone recalled my past but inside I'm at ease that someone can comfort me. That's what I needed. The solace of words will motivate me to keep going. Thank the gods, an impossible miracle had happened. Someone has remembered the lifetimes of suffering I experience.

Looking out, I saw valleys, villages, the imperial home of the royal family standing out. I am at our carriage. I mean we are sitting in our carriage. "Uncle Philip, tell me, what happened that night when we talked at the rails of my room?" I asked, thinking what happened to our conversation that led him unsettled. I felt something crop up when I told him a little information from my family and myself. I don't deny I was worried, it was the first time that occur to uncle Philip. Who wouldn't? When the person who believed me, in the end, was acting strange and wrong. Uncle looked at me with a thinkable answer growing to his face. "I don't know how to explain things. But I want to supposedly make it short as I can. That night while you narrate what life you had before the shits. I was feeling some vibe like I had felt more than a hundred or thousands times or many more. You mentioned Hunter. The whole time when I thought of your uncle, my heart was pounding like it wants to come out. My heart discontinued skipping when I saw Hunter crying-yelling at me. At first, I thought that was a dream but when I woke up earlier. It was flooded with memories from your lifetimes. I realized that the dream I saw while we were at the rails of your balcony wasn't just a hallucination. It was a memory." Uncle shut his eyes, not wanting to be a prison of my sight. "There is something I want to tell you but when we go abroad I'll tell you the revelation I know your heart can't handle." I made a face of confusion. What truth is it?

Wait, could it be possible that the truth that uncle Philip wants to tell and the truth that my mother wants me to discover are the same? I'll confirm that once we go to the neighboring continent.

After the carriage ride, we straightly go to the empress's palace at the glass greenhouse. Lobelia palace. Once we got there, two warm hands squeeze me, "Ash, dear, it's good you visit. The two have been finding you since they woke up. I'm sorry for the rush. Did I bother you?" I shook, the empress let us sat on the chairs. "Your highness, good morning, may the sun bless you eternity." Uncle greeted nervously. Royal aunt smiled at the way he's acting. "Good morning to you too, physician Philip." Royal aunt spoke as she sat.

"Dear, do you want something?" Royal aunt asked, I shook again. "Royal aunt, this is the last day I'll be visiting you and your whole family. I'm going abroad." Her face fell, royal aunt then rub her forehead. "Are you alright, aunt?" I spoke once more. Royal aunt hesitantly nods. "When will you leave?" I rouse from my sit, running to her. Embracing her because I know for the time being I'll miss her. "Next week," Answering her question. I couldn't see her face but I know she's starting to cry. I fondled her back. Royal aunt gets off of our embrace. Surprisingly she didn't cry. She was readying her warm smile. "When you arrive there, be safe, okay?" I was silent, I was lost at words. "Yes, royal aunt." I gave her a small smile since she will not see it for many years that will pass. "Ash, darling, always remember this will not be the last. I'll tell Mason about your leave. Therefore we can give you a farewell gift."

Royal aunt let us go to the imperial palace. We left her at her own palace. She said she wanted to breathe and accept that I'm leaving. The front door of the palace is being waited by the maids and some butlers. We're not rushing things but all the workers here are total tense. A maid led us to the princes' room. Alejandro told me he always visited his brother's room back then when he was a toddler. Claude decided or should I say made I request to his father, the emperor, to move into a large spacious room for the two of them to sleep on. We arrived in front of their room. The maid who guides us leaves us standing at the front door. Isn't that a bit rude? Uncle and I heard something fell. And some cursing. I didn't bother to knock because I know Claude will recognize my act.