Book and Letter

Chapter 6

Ashlyn go to her room when butler Asher walked away. She changed her dress to a nightdress then she threw herself in her large and comfy bed. She closed her eyes expecting that she would fall asleep. But then she opened her eyes, she can't sleep at all. Ashlyn decided to get the chair and a small table and placed them outside her balcony. She also got the cloak and a blanket in her cabinet. Ashlyn sat down with a letter and book with her, she put the blanket in her legs and cloak at her shoulders.

Ashlyn saw the moon bright tonight but no stars are accompanying it. This night was lonely, with no stars, no people just the wind, and the owls that were making noises that were heard. Ashlyn and the Moon we're the only companions tonight. Placing the book at the table beside her, she opened the letter gave by Ari;

Dear Mia, 

Today I talked to you for the first time. But it's quite unlucky that you are leaving today I wanted to play and talked to you all day but maybe someday. The truth I've know you for a long time. I didn't have the courage to talk to you. Because I didn't have Because you have a cheerful characteristic. You are playful, active, friendly, and funny. But today, you change, you changed to a different person. Now you were quiet and your blue eyes were emotionless even if you smile. You completely change you don't smile so often. I feel that you are going through something. I don't know why you change but I still feel you are still you. Do you like the necklace? It was from my mother. In my mother's words, if I was liking a girl, I'll give her this red-blood tear-drop-shaped necklace. And I like you. Someday I'll find you so for now if you're lonely make the Moon your companion. The moon will remember my bright white hair because my hair and the Moon are the same colors. It will remember me, Ari your friend. I wish that you will be happy with your new family.

From your friend who likes you, Ari

As Ashlyn reads his letter, she was happy as she has ever been. But eight letters, three words that made her blush 'I like you'. "So, he likes me? As a friend? Or more than that? *she shrugged her shoulders*" she asked herself. After she was done reading his letter. She then read the book she asked from mother Teressa. Moon's Goddess is a goddess who needs to surpass her trials before she would become the goddess of the moon. In her trials, she is bound to reincarnate for the hundredth time then if she experiences hatred, loneliness, jealousness, gratefulness, love, and all other things that a human can experience. In the hundredth time of her last life, she met a man that made her fall for him. But in the rules of being a god/goddess, they must not fall in love with a human. The judge of the trials let her pick her love or her duty? She picked her duty and left the man. When the hundredth reincarnation was finished. And the ceremony of the new goddess start unexpectedly she saw the man who she loved in the mortal world. The man explained that he was also in his trial of becoming the god of the sun. The moon goddess' end was happy with both her responsibility; her duty and her love.

Ashlyn finished the whole book. Feeling she wanted to sleep. She stood up and took her blanket, book, and letter, she put the wooden chair and table to where it was a while ago. Then she put her book on the bookshelf, afterward, she put her letter in one of her wooden boxes where her necklace was given to her was. She put the box in her cabinet where her new and old clothes are. Ashlyn goes to her bed and sleeps peacefully.

When Ashlyn was busy reading her book a moment ago her elder brother Ezekiel saw her. Ezekiel was visiting the garden where he and his siblings including Charlotte play before she suddenly disappeared. Ezekiel watched her until she went back inside to sleep. "I want to see what's your true colors are," he said then walked away.