Head Maid

Chapter 7

The sun shone on Ashlyn's face. Wondering who opened the curtains. She rubbed her eyes first then she sat in her bed. Noticing a familiar face "Good morning Head maid Lina*she gave a small smile*" Ashlyn plainly said. "Good morning my lady, how can you tell that I'm the head maid?" she asked. Then four suddenly barged in the room "simple, I didn't see you yesterday when butler Asher introduced me to the maids. So, I assure you're the head maid" she explained "Well what you said is true my lady. These maids *pointing to them* will handle your everyday routine. And this girl Mirya will be your personal maid *point to the girl beside her*. From now on she will be by your side." Ashlyn nodded. "Hello, my lady" Mirya bowed to her, again Ashlyn just nodded. Ashlyn glanced at Mirya, she remembered Mirya was Charlotte's personal maid before he and the poisoning she did back in her lifetimes. 'I think she will start her poisoning this afternoon she said to herself. "My lady, you will have breakfast, lunch, and dinner with master and young masters starting today. The master is waiting for you downstairs for breakfast. Now, these maids will help you clean yourself. Nina, Mina, Mirya, and I will look for a dress that suits lady Ashlyn in the cabinet. Ava and Camille guide the lady to the bathroom. And start cleaning her" Head maid Lina said with authority, the maids all said yes.

Ava and Camille guide their lady to the bathroom. Reaching the bathroom, the bathroom has a big tub that can fit four people and a small cabinet with a big mirror. They have taken her clothes off and let her come in, in the big tub. They asked Ashlyn whether she wants chrysanthemum petals or marigold petals in the water of the tub. She chose marigold petals. The maids scattered the petals in the water after that they wash Ashlyn's hair and body, they were complicating how beautiful she was. "Ava, Camille how many years have you been here?" Ashly asked "Lady Ashlyn, I have been here for 3 years and Ava has been here for a year," Camille said while cleaning Ashlyn "Then how old are you two?" she asked again "Ava is sixteen and I'm nineteen" again Camille said "Oh if that's it then I call you two sister Camille and sister Ava. If it's just the three of us you can get rid of the formality and just talk to me casually." Ashlyn said while focusing on the petals floating. Camille and Ava, we're shocked "Lady Ashlyn is that right? We're just mere maids" Ava preceded Camille. Ashlyn looked at Ava and said "Yes, of course when we're alone three you can call me Ashlyn *she smiled widely*" Camille was about to interfere "No more buts you two that's my order please obey my words *she beggingly said with a mix of sweetly tone* Then will obey your words Ashlyn" Camille and Ava said at once. When her bath was finished, they dried Ashlyn's body and hair. Ashlyn was just wearing a bathrobe waiting for her clothes to be there.

Ashlyn in her lifetimes she didn't have the chance to be good for once. She always says that it's a waste of her time to be good but even though she said that she didn't really mean what she said.

Camille, Ava, and Ashlyn talked and talked until Nina, Mina, Mirya and the head maid came into the room with Ashlyn's clothes. "My lady I apologize we're late." The head maid said, "It's okay head maid Lina." They help Ashlyn put on her dress. The dress that they took was a sleeveless green-jade dress with glints of gold in the front and back. They also decorated her hair with yellow flowers too much the gold glints in her dress. And matching green shoes. After they dressed her Ashlyn looked at the big mirror. Seeing herself as beautiful. The maids complicated how beautiful she was. Ashlyn turned her head and body and thanked the maids and the head maid. They were shocked at first but it faded, they said that's it's nothing it's their job of course to serve their masters. "All of you dismissed." The four left except for Mirya and the head maid. "Mirya, head maid Lina let's go I'm starving *she giggled*." They nodded. 

"Good morning father *she smiled gently*" Ashlyn greeted his father who was sipping his coffee while reading the newspaper. He noticed her daughter "Good morning also Ashlyn. Come sit. Your brothers are not yet awake, you woke early quite early." He said with a smile. She sat beside her father, she was about to reach for the bread and peanut butter but Mirya preceded her and gave them to her. The other maid poured warm milk for her. Then suddenly it splashes into her dress. Ashlyn remembered that her name is Olive. His father was alarmed "Are you okay Ashlyn? And you *he pointed to the maid* why are you not careful *he said with an angry voice*" the maid was trembling "Mas-ster Vic-victor I'm so-sorry" her tears were about to escape and her father was about to shout at her. When Ashlyn take hold of his hand and said "Father it's okay. I'm fine, don't punish this maid it was just an accident. Don't worry. Olive that's your name, right? *she turned her head to her* you splashed my dress why not accompany me to pick a new one." She smiled at her and the maid was at ease again and nodded. "Okay fine I won't punish this maid. Change your dress fast so you can still eat with me or your brother" Ashlyn nodded at what his father said.

She quickly changed accompanying Olive. Olive says she's sorry many times and Ashlyn just said that's it's alright. When she came back to eat breakfast with his father, her father was already gone, her brothers were not there also. She was left eating alone and being served by the maids. Ashlyn was used to it but she's still looking for loved and care. Even though her lifetimes she was called the villainess she's was looking for the attention of love and care like some like her.

Head maid Lina saw what happened. To tell the truth she was the one who ordered Olive to intentionally splash her dress. To test if she will be angry or throw tantrums at Olive. But she didn't do it. Head maid Lina is known for being a great observer and has a strong feeling for people who lie. Based on what she saw her husband is right. Her ladyship is kind but her eyes hold a lifeless personality behind her smiles. Seeing her eating alone with no company she really feels sad for her. She doesn't know if her lady Ashlyn feels the same way.