Chapter 8.5 (Tragic Flashback)

Makoto was walking away from school as he was on the phone with his sister, Komaru.

Komaru: "Hey, mom's making curry to celebrate our first day of summer!"

Makoto: "All the more reason to come home." Komaru laughed through the phone.

Komaru: "Good to hear. See you at home!"

Makoto: "Bye." Makoto hung up and put the phone in his pocket.

Bully #1: "HEY!" Makoto was startled and turned to see three people grouped up together.

Bully #2: "You're Makoto Naegi aren't ya!"

Makoto: "Y-Yeah-"

Bully #3: "Shut it! You know what you did!"

Bully #1: "Can't believe someone like you got accepted into Hope's Peak."

Makoto: "Yeah..?"

Bully #2: "And all because of a roulette. Some talentless kid doesn't deserve to get into Hope's Peak."

Makoto: "What are your guy's problems?"

Bully #3: "You took our chance at meeting Sayaka Maizono!"

Makoto: "Huh? Why would that matt-"

Bully #1: "Quiet!"

Makoto: "Listen... I've gotta get home." Bully #1 punched him in the gut causing Makoto to drop his school bag.

Bully #2: "Where do you think you're going bastard?"

Makoto tried to stand up and run but Bully #1 threw him into the wall which caused him to start bleeding.

Bully #1: "C'mon! Can't you stand up for yourself?"

Bully #2: "Course not, he was no talent."

Bully #3: "What a talentless loser." The bullies kept beating him up and Makoto fell to the ground, but the bullies didn't care.

Bully #1: "So why don't we show him what happens to people who take our dreams away." The bully pulled out a switch blade and pointed it towards Makoto who was now starting to pass out as his vision became blurry and he could hear ringing in his ears.

Agent: "Hey! What do you think you're doing to that kid!?" The three bullies ran away once they saw the blonde woman in a suit and sunglasses.

Sayaka: "He's bleeding! He needs help!" Sayaka sat down next to him sat his head on her knees and used a cloth to clean up the blood.

???: "Poor kid..."

Makoto "*groan*"

Sayaka: "Hey! Are you ok?"

Makoto: "Wh-Who... are... you..." Makoto started coughing in pain and passed out.

Sayaka: "This is bad, we need to get him some help!"

Agent: "Agreed, I'll call an ambulance." Sayaka's agent had pulled out her phone to get help. Luckily there was an ambulance quite close to them.

Sayaka: "Talk about luck." The two paramedics showed up and checked for a pulse, it was steady and they got him on a stretcher.

Paramedic #1: "Did either of you see what happened?"

Agent: "The two of us took one final tour from outside this school, when we got back to the gate we saw three taller bullies beating up this kid."

Sayaka: "Hey, is... is he gonna be ok?"

Paramedic #2: "He'll be fine, but you need to get his family and alert them of the situation."