Chapter 3 (The First Motive)

*Ding Dong Bing Bong*

Monokuma (Loudspeaker): "Goooood morning students! How's about it for a beautiful day at Hope's Peak! Get up outside your room to enjoy yourselves, and most importantly remember to kill each other!"

Makoto: 'He still won't let that go, even after 3 days and unfortunately this is no dream...'

Makoto walked out of the bathroom after completing his daily routine. Every morning he made sure to keep track of his mental health.

Makoto: 'I should go check up on Maizono... but why am I so nervous..? Come on me! If you got punched by a jock you can surely manage the courage to face a... really... pretty girl...'

Makoto slapped his cheeks trying to get out of a trance.

Makoto: "Don't get flustered now! I! CAN! DO! THIS!"

Aoi: "Do what?"

Makoto: "AAAH!"

Makoto fell back realizing the door was already opened, and greeted to Aoi and Sakura.

Sakura: "Sorry. We did not intend to frighten you. But you had opened your door with a lot of confidence."

Makoto: "Oh, sorry. I'm just a little nervous..."

Aoi: "About what?"

Makoto: "I was about to meet up with Maizono."

Aoi suddenly shot a smug look at Makoto.

Aoi: "Oh I get it. It's love trouble."

Makoto got a little flustered that Aoi was jumping to conclusions.

Makoto: "N-No that's not-"

Aoi: "Don't worry I believe in you! Plus I can keep a secret, so good luck!"

The two of them walked off and Makoto walked to Sayaka's dorm, and just as he was about to knock Sayaka had opened the door.

Sayaka: "Oh Naegi! Perfect timing!"

Makoto: "Yeah, it is."

Sayaka: "Say, were Hina and Ogami here?"

Makoto suddenly started panicking a little.

Makoto: "Um... h-how much of that conversation did you hear?"

Sayaka: "Not much, it was pretty quiet but I heard you panicking. Did something happen?"

Makoto: "No, Hina was just playfully teasing me."

Sayaka: "Sounds like her."

Makoto: "Anyway, wanna head to the cafeteria with me?"

Sayaka: "Of course!"

Makoto smiled and before they walked together, Sayaka made sure to lock the door behind her. They sat down and waited for everyone else to join them. Once they did Kiyotaka stood up and started counting everyone in his head.

Kiyotaka: "15. Thank goodness."

Mondo: "Well come on. Do you honestly expect any of us to kill each other for now damn reason?"

Kiyotaka: "You can't be TO cautious. As the Ultimate Hall Monitor/Moral Compass, it's my duty to make sure everyone is accounted for, especially in our situation."

Leon: "So, should we start searching again?"

Sakura: "Hard to say. We're still quite limited to where we can go in here, and we've cleared out most of this floor."

Hifumi: "Maybe if we look closer, there could be a secret code or something. Like giving a statue an umbrella."

Junko: "That's... actually not a bad idea. Excluding the statue part."