Chapter 4 (What Becomes of Us)

Sayaka took a cotton ball to clean up Makoto's hand, it stung but it was better than letting the blood just drip from his hand.

Sayaka: "You probably shouldn't be doing such reckless things."

Makoto: "Yeah, I'm aware... it's just... when he mocked me by mentioning my sister like that... I lost control, that's not like me..."

Sayaka: "I guess it can't be helped..."

Makoto sighed and Sayaka finished cleaning up his hand. The two stood up and walked out of the dorm room.

Sayaka: "Hey Naegi... w-would you mind helping me out?"

Makoto: "Sure, what's the problem?"

Sayaka: "It's... I'm worried that... I feel like Monokuma might target one of us... so I've been thinking of something to use for self-defense."

Makoto: "Self-defense?"

Sayaka: "Yeah, I... I mean... he could get anywhere really fast and..."

Makoto: "Don't worry, I know what you mean."

Sayaka: "Thanks. I think there was something that could be used near the Monostore or whatever it was called..."

Makoto: "I guess we should head there."

Sayaka: "Alright! Lead the way Naegi!"

Makoto: 'I'll never understand that smile... it always puts me at ease. Suddenly I realized that the two of us were holding hands again. The feeling of her hand was so soft... I don't want it to disappear.'

Suddenly she drifted her hand away and started giggling.

Sayaka: "Y'know Naegi, if you want me to hold your hand you can just ask."

Makoto blushed madly as he remembered she could read his mind.

Makoto: "U-Um... w-well... l-l-let's just... w-we should focus!"

Sayaka giggled a little again and the two of them began exploring, they discovered that the trophy case had a golden sword on display.

Makoto: "How about this?"

Sayaka: "I guess it's not hard to believe there'd be a weapon like this here... but still, something like that... seems a little... excessive."

Makoto: "Yeah, I guess you're right."

Sayaka: "But I think you should take it!"

Makoto: "Huh?"

Sayaka: "I mean, I think it'd look great in your room as decoration. Here!"

Sayaka tried picking up the sword, but as soon as she did she let go instantly letting out a tiny yelp.

Makoto: "What's wrong?"

Sayaka: "Oh, nothing really."

Sayaka opened her hand and Makoto saw that it was coated in gold.

Makoto: "Did... that come from the sword?"

Sayaka: "Yeah, I barely touched it and yet it got all over my hand. Maybe wrap it in a paper towel, or hose it down."

Makoto: "Yeah, probably."

Sayaka walked over to grab some newspapers that were lying on a table and wrapped it around the handle. She held it upwards and prepared to hand Makoto the sword.

Sayaka: "Sir Naegi, I bestow upon you... the sword of defense!"

Makoto realized what she was doing and decided to play along by bowing down.

Makoto: "My thanks, your highness, I am honored."

He gently took the sword and the two started laughing.

Sayaka: "*phew* That was great!"

Makoto: "Yeah. I'm glad to see your feeling better."

Sayaka: "Definitely."

Suddenly Junko walked in and waved to the two.

Junko: "Heyo!"

Sayaka: "Oh Enoshima! How are you?"

Junko: "C'mon, you don't have to call me that. You can call me Junko if you want!"

Sayaka: "Ok then!"

Junko: "So, what're you two doing here?"

Makoto: "We just found this. Something to decorate my room with."

Sayaka: "Yeah! I came to assist him. After all I am his assistant!"

Junko only smiled at started to laugh a little.

Junko: "Assistant huh? Is this some new kink I haven't heard of or something?"

Makoto and Sayaka madly blushed at this.

Makoto: "O-N-No it's n-nothing like that!"

Sayaka: "Y-Yeah I'm just h-helping him out! That's all!"

Junko: "Relax! I'm just teasing you guys!"

Makoto: "Ah... right."

Junko: "Anyways, I'm gonna go find someone to talk to. Later!"

Makoto and Sayaka waved their goodbyes and Junko's faced quickly changed. She put her hand up to her ear as if she pressed a button and someone began to speak from it.

???: "Did you see any personality changes in her?"

Junko: "No, not yet."

???: "She might still be undercover, I guess we just need to be patient."

Junko: "We both know you're the impatient-"

Suddenly the voice from the other side was cut off. Junko scoffed.

Junko: "Fine. Be that way. Dirty bitch."

???: "I CAN HEAR YOU Y'KNOW-"

Junko cut the feed herself temporarily and took another peek at Makoto and Sayaka during during their conversation.

Junko: "Soon you will be mine, lucky boy."