Chapter 16 (Who's the Mastermind)

Everyone had made it to the rendezvous point for the elevator, despite the lack of time given they were ready. The elevator started moving down with everyone facing the door.

Makoto: "So this is it..."

Sayaka: "Yeah, it's all been leading up to this."

Kyoko: "To discover the mastermind."

Byakuya: "To escape this place."

Aoi: "Uncover what's really going on."

Chihiro: "We owe it to everyone who's already died."

Makoto: "And that's why we'll win."

Genocider Syo: "So are we just gonna keep quoting a movie or are we gon- ACHOO!"

Byakuya: "Of course."

Toko: "O-Oh we-we're already here."

Chihiro: "Yeah."

The elevator finally made it's way down and the trial room had actually changed. There were seven podiums that faced a royally decorated podium in front of Monokuma's throne. And all the podiums for the deceased classmates were against the wall.

Monokuma: "Figured I'd change up the trial room a bit for the last trial. And of course, I'll be joining you this time!"

Makoto: "And no funny business this time."

Monokuma: "Still mad about that... alright I guess I don't blame you."

Everyone began to set themselves at different podiums. Makoto stood in the middle in between Sayaka on the left and Kyoko on the right. Next to Sayaka was Chihiro and then Aoi. Leaving Byakuya next to Kyoko and Toko on his right.

Monokuma: "This is it. The final battle!"

Monokuma grabbed a step stool and set it in front of his special podium and then stood on top.

Kyoko: "Should we start with the last case?"

Makoto: "We can't really. I already know the mastermind is the killer but the problem is we have no idea who the mastermind is!"

Byakuya: "The mastermind is Mukuro Ikusaba!"

Everyone turned their direction to Byakuya who stood proud with his theory while Toko swooned at him.

Chihiro: "You mean the girl with black hair right?"

Byakuya: "Think about the pictures we've gathered from Alter Ego and try to remember the most peculiar thing about them."

Makoto: "Mukuro was in each picture."

Byakuya: "And yet, none of us have seen her in Hope's Peak or in person."

Sayaka: "Wait that's wrong!"

Toko: "H-Hey d-don't deny m-master's theory y-you-"

Sayaka: "We actually have seen Mukuro in the building, apparently on Feburary 14th."

Aoi: "Valentines day?"

Makoto: "Yeah, the two of us found a video camera that was recorded by Fujisaki and there were multiple people in it, mostly those who were already killed... but nonetheless Mukuro did appear in that video."

Toko: "D-Don't be ridiculous! I-If she r-really was in H-Hope's Peak, wh-why don't w-we remember?"

Chihiro: "Our minds were erased."

Everyone instantly turned to Chihiro after hearing his theory.

Chihiro: "Remember those mind eraser tests. There were 15 of them but there were 16 students. Plus the one for Mukuro Ikusaba was actually weaker than the others."