25. 𝔣𝔩𝔞𝔰𝔥𝔟𝔞𝔠𝔨

IMPORTANT : Before you read this chapter, just know it might be a little triggering for some. I'm not sure what triggers any of you but regardless, just know this can be kind of triggering the way it's executed.

 I'm not sure what triggers any of you but regardless, just know this can be kind of triggering the way it's executed

Iris walked through the empty roads of Hawkins, her hands shoved in the pockets of her jumper. Her fingers fiddled around with the small pocket knife she carried everywhere especially on the nights where she would be walking home from the arcade alone.

A street lamp flickered from above her head as she sighed a little, whistling the tune to 'Come on Eileen'. The road seemed to grow dimmer and more cramped, closing in on her. It felt colder on this road, at least more than most would in the summer time.

It had soon dawned on her that this road was unfamiliar, she knew it wasn't her road at least.

Iris' eyes frantically searched for a street sign until she spotted the green sign planted on the side of the road in the distance. 'Cherry Oak Drive', read the sign. She glanced down at her watch, reading the time, '8:47' and panic rose throughout her, seeing as her curfew was in 13 minutes.

"Shit." The words rolled from her lips in a small growl as she swiveled around on her heel, prepared to book it out of there when she had heard the croak of a faint voice, calling out to her for help.

"Help me! Please." The voice cried out and Iris could see the vague image of a man stumbling her way, "Please!" He repeated, his voice growing loud as Iris' face twisted up with concern.

Without uttering a word, Iris rushed up the street, nearing closer to the man. "Hey, are you okay?" The sound of her voice split through the humid and thick silence.

"I don't... I don't know what's happening to me..." It was Max Mayfield's stepbrother, Billy Hargrove. She could remember meeting him briefly when he dropped Max off at the arcade with her and the rest of the Party one time.

"B-Billy?" He seemed to flinch upon hearing her say his name and his face seemed to drop, "What's going on?"

Iris could have sworn she saw a glimmer of familiarity twinkle in his eyes. He knew exactly who she was but not because he remembered meeting her.

Billy's stare intensified, his upset look fading away with as much time as a snap of his fingers. Iris could recall him just glaring directly at her for at least thirty seconds, muttering incoherent words beneath his breath as if he had been arguing with himself.

That was before he just fell completely silent after a minute.

"Do you need me to go get help?"