18. 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔩𝔬𝔰𝔱 𝔰𝔦𝔰𝔱𝔢𝔯

This chapter will barely have anything for me to write so I'm just going to write what I forgot to at the end of last chapter. I'm gonna go write the next chapter right after this and hopefully have it out by tonight ❤️

Havoc rose up through the air in Hawkins Lab as Mike's footsteps bashed onto the floor as he screamed out, "It's a trap!" His voice bounced off the walls as the soldiers standing outside a door that led to the gate

Havoc rose up through the air in Hawkins Lab as Mike's footsteps bashed onto the floor as he screamed out, "It's a trap!" His voice bounced off the walls as the soldiers standing outside a door that led to the gate. The sight of it made Mike run faster and scream louder, needing to get their attention right then.

"It's too late... You guys should go." Will's voice was a bit hoarse as he stared up at the ceiling, his mother and sister watching him, "They're almost here." He croaked out, not daring to avert his eyes away from the little indents and cracks lining up on the ceiling tiles.

Joyce and Y/n met eyes, Y/n sitting up fully, the hospital sheet that was draped over her folding up a little. They both pushed their attention back over to the pale faced boy, tension rising through the air as Y/n forced out the words, "Who is on their way, Will?"

She scooted over to the side of the bed, grabbing for his hand. He sensed the presence of her hand and quickly retracted his hand away from where she could grab it causing Joyce and Y/n to plaster two incredulous looks on their faces.

Will stayed silent as they all listened to Mike's screams in the background for the soldiers to listen to them, "It's a trap! Get them out of there! It's a trap!" He shouted out, his voice cracking a little bit with his words as the soldiers held him back yet he didn't stop.

"I need to get through! I need to get through!" Unexpectedly, Y/n shot up from her bed and got the first time she ran, not caring about how stiff her legs were from staying in bed all day.

"Y/n. Y/n!" Joyce yelled after her daughter yet Y/n didn't stop for even a second.

She bolted down the hall to where Mike was being held back by the soldiers, "It's a trap!" She repeated Mike's words, "We need to warn them! We need to get through it's a trap!"

The soldiers grabbed for her shoulders and arms to hold her back yet she managed to slip past them and into the doors since they were a bit distracted by the two kids. Y/n darted into the doors, "It's a trap!" The words rolled off her tongue as all the scientists, Hopper, Bob, and the doctors all snapped their attention to her.

Y/n's head spun around to look at the gateway leading to the Upside Down. They all could hear loud gunshots and wallows of pain from one of the radios one of the scientists had set up to communicate with the soldiers. Her heart stopped in her chest as the screams got louder and louder, filling everyone's head as Doctor Owens stood to his feet, everyone now staring in panic at the gate.

One of the scientists were shouting into the radio for them to get the hell out of there but still, the shrieks of agony got louder before they suddenly just stopped, leaving them all in a dreadful silence.

Y/n's breathing stopped, goosebumps spiked up and down her body. Her mouth was cranked open, her eyes wide when low growling emitted from the gateway, getting closer and closer with each passing second.