03. 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔴𝔢𝔦𝔯𝔡𝔬𝔰 𝔬𝔫 𝔪𝔞𝔭𝔩𝔢 𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔢𝔢𝔱

Thunder crackled through the rainy sky as the Wheeler house grew alive than ever

Thunder crackled through the rainy sky as the Wheeler house grew alive than ever. "Is there a number we can call for your parents?" Mike questioned the two trembling kids that shivered on the basement couch.

The girl wore Mike's jacket and the boy wore Y/n's jacket. Dustin and Lucas both opted not to take them but Mike and Y/n wouldn't allow them to just stay in the rain.

"Where's your hair? Do you have cancer?" Dustin asked the girl specifically. The girl and the boy looked to each other, briefly before turning back to Dustin.

"Cancer?" asked the boy in a soft tone. The four kids snapped their heads to look at each other, in utter shock since they both hadn't talked this whole time.

Y/n kneeled before the two and began speaking in a tone that matched the boys softness, "Hey... you can talk." She smiled at the two, "Look, I know you're scared but we're not gonna hurt you so can you please answer some of our questions? Not the irrational ones from Dustin and Lucas though." She chuckled, lightly at her own joke as the boy smiled at her. He felt quite comfortable in her presence, he felt like he could talk to her.

The boy nodded, slowly, his blue eyes locking with hers as Dustin, Lucas, Mike, and the girl just watched the two, intently. "Okay... well, is there a number we can call your parents?" Y/n repeated Mike's question in the same soft tone from before. The boy shook his head 'no', he didn't even know what she meant by a number but he just went with it. "Where are you guys from?"

"Bad... bad place." The boy shuttered, fearfully causing Dustin, Lucas, and Mike to exchange strange looks while Y/n just furrowed her eyebrows at him.

"Did you run away?" The boys breathing got heavier with this question and he refused to answer, taking his eyes off her for the first time and moving them to the ground.

With a sigh, Y/n stood to her feet, turning to Mike, "Do you or Nancy have any clothes that they can borrow for tonight?"

"Yeah, of course. I'll be right back." Mike told her, sprinting up the stairs with Dustin and Lucas following him, not wanting to be near the boy and the girl.

Y/n turned back to them, kneeling down, "Hey, guys. Look, everything's gonna be okay." She assured them, "I'm uh, I'm Y/n... Y/n Byers. What about you guys?"

The two exchanged uneasy looks before slowly moving both of their wrists out. On the boys wrist was, '010' but on the girls wrist was, '011'.

"Holy shit..." Y/n mustered out. She didn't wanna scare them by asking how they got those but she felt like she should, "Is that your names?" The girl nodded, slowly, "Did your... did your guy's parents do that?" She asked, speaking in a sad tone.