29. 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔰𝔞𝔲𝔫𝔞 𝔱𝔢𝔰𝔱 𝔭𝔞𝔯𝔱 𝔬𝔫𝔢

Jaeden in that one photo shoot where he had blunt bangs > anything else

Y/n could barely even remember how she got here.

She could barely remembered how she got home the night before, what she had done afterwards.

All that seemed clear in her mind was the rain pouring on her face, thunder crackling above and the dark feeling filling her being along with the sharp realisation that seemed to stab through her heart like a blade of ice.

'He's back,' She remembered muttering, simultaneously to her twin brother whose hand had too been clasped onto his neck as Castle Byers collapsed behind him in a tarnished heap of their childhood memories.

Her thoughts were a maddening haze.

Why...? Why did this have to keep happening?

They were only kids.

They should be saving the Khuisar tribe, not the world.

She felt a light nudge to her side and there Mike Wheeler stood to tear her from her agonising thoughts, concern plastered onto his face.

"You good?" He asked, watching as she tensed up, being sure to avoid his eyes as if one glance at her eyes would just reveal to him every feeling slicing through her.

"Yeah." She simply said with a small huff as he fell back against the wall beside her.

Y/n felt Mike's worried eyes beaming onto her, and a thick tension seemed to build up into the air.

His concern was foreign to her, at least now. But, something about the worry that glimmered in his eye doused just a little bit of the agonising flame burning inside her stomach.

In the corner of her eyes, she watched his mouth pop open, an obvious question tingling on the tip of his tongue, but after a moment of trying to come up with something to say, he just sighed out and turned away from her.

"You sure?" Was all Mike mustered out, crossing his arms loosely over his chest.

"Yeah."

"Is Will okay?" He asked after another moment of tense silence.

"Why? What did you and Lucas do to him?" Mike choked out a breathy set of laughter and Y/n snapped her head to face him, her eyebrows scrunched up, "What's so funny?"

His laughing fell silent and he turned to meet her eyes, "You don't really have high expectations of us, do you?"

"No, not at all, but I mostly knew because of how obvious the three of you made it yesterday. Will wouldn't spill anything, though."