16. 𝔡𝔦𝔤 𝔡𝔲𝔤

"It's like

"It's like... It's like I feel what the shadow monster's feeling." Will's voice echoed through the walls in the bedroom of him and Y/n. Will was just staring off into space, a silent tear rolling down his cheek. Y/n and Mike, who had just gotten there worried sick for his friends, sat beside him, listening to his every word, "See what he's seeing."

"Like in the Upside Down?" Mike was the first to speak aside from Will as Will gulped a little just at the mention of the Upside Down. Y/n slipped her hand into Will's, him squeezing down onto her soft hand, ultimately thankful for this gesture.

"Some of him is there. But some of him is here, too." The tone in Will's voice was unnaturally monotonous. In fact ever since what happened yesterday, everything seemed to be unnatural about William Byers.

"Here, like, in this house?" Y/n spoke up, her and Mike just watched Will who was still just staring at the wall, almost not allowing himself to look anywhere else.

"In this house and... in me." The room almost seemed to almost get colder just when Will said those six little words. "It's like... It's like he's reaching into Hawkins more and more. And the more he spreads, the more connected to him I feel."

"And the more you see these now-memories." Mike added, leaning towards him a little bit. The room went silent for a moment, both of them taking in the description of what Will had been going through.

"At first I just felt it in the back of my head." Will reached up a bit to his neck as Y/n rose an eyebrow. She breathed out a little, her eyes not leaving her brother.

"In your neck?" Mike turned to her as Will nodded, just barely. He still wouldn't dare tear his eyes away from the wall. Mike's face twisted up a little, giving her a look of confusion.

"You feel it too?" Mike asked her.

"Yeah... we feel basically everything each other feels." Will muttered, speaking for Y/n as she just nodded, confirming his words. He had said this as if it had been something Mike should've known, which at this point he really should have.

"Why didn't you guys say anything?" Mike questioned, speaking a bit harsher than he intended to.

"We didn't think it would get like this, Mike." Y/n answered, defensively, "Also, we thought it was pretty obviously after what happened yesterday."

Mike sighed a little out of his nose, softly tapping his thigh, trying to think up something to say before he finally figured up out and turned his head to look over at Will, "Maybe... Maybe that's good that you see those memories."