01. 10'𝔰 𝔅𝔞𝔠𝔨𝔰𝔱𝔬𝔯𝔶

Bradley Patel was raised into captivity

His mother had made the mistake of joining a project for MK Ultra while she was pregnant with her husband; Stanley's children. Of course, didn't know that it was for MK Ultra so when she figured it out, her and her husband fled for a town in Indiana where they hoped to have a normal life with their future son and daughter.

Bradley and his fraternal twin sister; Iris, were born on June 1st, 1971 to a happy home in Marion, Indiana. Iris was 3 minutes older than Bradley and she always tried to find a way to rub that right in his face. The siblings were stuck like glue; never daring to leave the others side.

To the families dismay; Bradley was born with powers – fire powers to be exact – his sister, however, had been lucky enough not to be born with any powers, at least from what they could tell.

Knowing a lot less about the government than they thought they had known; so they all decided it would be best to stay safe and homeschool Bradley, and keep him home as much as possible.

Four years past and Iris went on to join preschool but Bradley just stayed in the cramped little apartment that housed the Patel family. Iris saw the red jealousy in Bradley's ocean blue eyes when she would come home from school, telling him about her day and she tried cheering him up by telling him that his powers were way cooler than spending time at school.

This only soothed a little bit of Bradley's jealousy but he was glad his sister tried cheering him up.

Everything was going quite well for the Patel family until on September 28th, 1976. ( < that's my birthday lol but it's in 2005)

By now Bradley had been taught how to control his powers and, Bradley's parents decided to let their little boy go off to kindergarten with his sister. He had been in school for two weeks without causing the whole school to burn down to the ground so the Patel's were proud to say the least.

However; one single thirty minute recess made that change. To this day, Bradley could remember his name; Danny Lagener. He had pushed him off the slide on the playground while Bradley had been "taking to long" to go down it.

Rage filled Bradley as his knees and elbows scraped the wood-chips on the ground. Bradley sniffled, shooting to his feet as he watched the boy ride down the slide, carelessly.

It had happened in a blur. Everything that his parents taught him about staying calm and not using his powers – specifically in public – had practically erased from his mind. He hadn't even heard the pleas of his sister for him to calm down.

With blood gushing from his left nostril, Bradley lit the boys clothes on fire. His screams filled the humid air as every kid, every teacher began panicking.

One of the teachers – who happened to be a hardcore catholic – looked Bradley right in the eye, pointing a shaking finger at him and the blood rushing from his nose, shouting out the words; "Oh good lord! You've got Satan's power, child!" Danny rolled on the ground, tears spitting from his eyes as the fire finally was put out as Bradley quickly wiped his bleeding nose.

Everyone turned to Iris and Bradley, whose eyes were wide with fear. Iris, in a panic, grabbed Bradley's hand and the two ran as far as their little legs would take them.

But it was all too late to run. Nowhere was safe anymore.

Not the streets.

Certainly, not school.

Not even home was safe right now.

Needless to say, Bradley was caught by the people that his parents promised him would never find him. He was torn from his sisters arms as he was thrown in the back of the white van.

"Brad, no! Don't take him! Please!" Iris would scream as some of the people held her back.

"Iris!" Bradley bellowed, tears burning his cheeks and eyes. Iris was left, screaming until her throat practically bled as the people got in their vans and darted away with her twin brother.

A "police officer" picked Iris up, bringing her to her house and telling their parents that Bradley had been hit by a car and Iris had watched it happen so she was in shock. She tried to tell them what happened but no one believed her. The family fell into a depression at the lose of the boy so to them; everything Iris said was a cry for attention. Everyone at school thought it was just an accident about what happened to Danny, well except that one teacher. Danny had some major burns on his arms and legs but he was taken to the hospital, and he survived but would most likely have the scars for his entire life.

They had a funeral with a stuffed body that was supposed to be Bradley's. Iris seemed to be the only one suspicious of it but once again, no one ever believed her.

Years past and Iris never found out what happened to her brother but after no one ever believed her; she started believing what everyone else said. Soon enough; she gave up on the thought that Bradley was still out there.

I didn't really know how to end this but I'm sorry, this was so bad and it doesn't really make any sense, I'm just really tired lol and I've been thinking about making this book for like a month so I figured that I would get in a chapter before I completely lose inspiration to do this. Trust me when I say that I'll try to make them better as I go on so yeah, I hope you enjoyed and thank you for reading :)