28. 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔠𝔞𝔰𝔢 𝔬𝔣 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔪𝔦𝔰𝔰𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔩𝔦𝔣𝔢𝔤𝔲𝔞𝔯𝔡

Hi, this chapter has like nothing to do with the storyline–

I hope you guys are having a good day though :)

At the sound of his voice, Iris' expression fell, almost as if his voice had snapped her out of a trance

The room was cloaked with a heavy silence and a thick tension until a broken sob ripped past Iris' lips and Bradley jolted out of bed, flicking the bedside lamp on.

"I-I... I'm s-so sorry, Br-Br-Brad..." She cried out with a shake of her head.

Sniffles and sobs slipped past her lips causing Brad's expression to soften, tears threatening to glimmer in his eyes at the sight.

Frantic gasps for air slid past her glossy lips as her chest heaved up and down.

Brad took a moment to examine her closely, noticing a bottle of chloroform and a towel held in her hands. His eyebrows furrowed with confusion before he shook it off and looked back towards her eyes.

"Iris, what's wro-"

"No!" She suddenly exclaimed out as Brad took a step towards her. He froze in place, eyes widened with concern and hands trembled at his sides, wishing he could reach out for her and tell her that whatever was wrong, would be okay.

His eyes cornered her, imprisoned her.

They left her urging herself to swallow the impulse that had been implanted in her mind since a part of her consciousness was stolen.

In fact as of right now, that was all she wanted to do.

Until that other part of her locked in and she was forced into the mindset, the actions of another.

It was as if someone else had been controlling her body and she was forced to watch, to feel it, to endure the pain, to attempt to endure the urges.

As if she was only a means to an end, which to be fair, she had been to her possessor.

"Just stay away... from me."

Bradley watched as she darted out the door and back to her bedroom. He leaned out to grab her hand, worry trickling through his blood, filling his being as he was left, gripping at the open air.

The cold silence blew back at him and he knew he should've went after her, he knew he should've gone to check on her, to make sure she was okay but, he was left frozen, his mind racing with questions.