10. 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔲𝔭𝔰𝔦𝔡𝔢 𝔡𝔬𝔴𝔫 𝔭𝔞𝔯𝔱 𝔱𝔴𝔬

Sorry this is pretty bad and kind of cliche but also a bit unrealistic at times. But I tried so it's okayy. Also, this is the last chapter of season one soooo be prepared for season two because Im starting it right after Im done with this chapter.

Anyway, thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy :)

As always, Y/n M/n Byers was all alone.

Y/n's throat burned and ached, swallowing harshly for gasps of air or even some saliva that her throat seemed to be completely rid of as she cried and screamed at the top of her lungs for her friends attention in the other dimension that seemed so far away.

She didn't want to be here, not at all.

She'd rather be running away from the agents of Hawkins Department of Energy than be trapped in this arctic hell.

She hated it here, she really fucking hated it here.

Her skin was almost a pale blue, frozen to the touch. She rubbed her elbows, her jaw clattering as she shuttered and shivered. Even the nice sweater that her great aunt Darlene had made her for Christmas couldn't save Y/n from feeling the numbing cold prickle her flushed skin.

The cold was twice as bad as the times that she went to the Upside Down before. It was almost like she had been here for... much longer than she actually had. (so this might seem weird right now but i actually have a plan for this soooo just go with it lmao)

She had almost forgotten that she was even walking and her feet were walking almost sideways. Her knees were slowly locking up, causing her to walk in an almost limp. Her full attention was set on not falling over and trying to warm herself up unsuccessfully.

She pitied Will, realizing that he definitely had it so much worse than him. She knew that he would be home soon, she would too, she just knew it.

They both would be warm in bed, Y/n feeling the lavender quilt that her mother bought for her when she was eight years old. She would feel Chester licking her hand and cuddling up next to her all the way through the night. She would feel the relief of waking up to see her brother bopping his head along to the music tape that Jonathan gave them that played softly in the radio as he got dressed for the day.

They all would find Eleven's family and Bradley would finally be with his family. They could all be happy.

Everything would be better.

Everything would be normal just like before.

She couldn't even really remember how she got here.