Chapter 15: The Anti-Shadow Weapon

_The next day on Yakushima_

The four girls were walking in the woods in their summer dresses, enjoying the trees and the fresh breeze.

"Ah, the air is so fresh.." Fuuka smiled while looking around her. "I never thought a walk in the woods could be so enjoyable. You can't do that in Iwatodai." 

"I know. It's way more different than the air in Port Island." Miki was smiling as well.

Fuuka chuckled as the girls chatted with each other while walking, "so, listen to this... Junpei was acting like such a pervert yesterday, and I didn't know how to react.. It's probably a good thing we came out here by ourselves."

"Well, you are right." Yukari huffed smilingly. Then as they walked forward, they could see a mansion. They noticed yellow tape around it and police cars. "...Huh? What's going on?" Yukari widened her eyes in shock.

"The police?" Fuuka looked shocked too. They walked close to the scene to get more information on what was going on.

"Excuse me, what's happening here?" Mitsuru approached an officer and asked.

"The couple that was staying here was murdered." The officer answered.

"...M-murdered?" Miki widened her eyes in fear.

"Yes, and the culprit didn't leave any evidence. It's another cold case.."

The girls then looked at each other both in fear and confusion, knowing there's a murderer on the island.

"Another murder even on Yakushima...Why, what did the couple do.." Fuuka covered her mouth in shock.

"...."

Miki saw the ambulance taking the dead couple. Noticing the wedding rings on their fingers, she knew it was them. 

Yukari looked at Miki, seeing her face turning pale, "Miki?"

"The rings.. It's the couple I saw yesterday with Makoto-senpai..But why..they looked so happy together.. Why did they have to die..!?" She looked so heartbroken as she felt sad for their death. She faced the ground instead and tried to hold back her tears.

"....?" Yukari looked at her confused and sad.

"Impossible... this has never happened before." Mitsuru frowned after hearing the officer. "This island is owned by the Kirijo Group, and it's fully protected. How is there a murderer here? Could it be a suicide?" She spoke with the officer.

"We investigated, and we didn't find any weapon around the bodies. It's clear someone killed them." 

"Understandable..." Mitsuru replied while looking down. Then, she looked at the girls, "I am shocked...but I guess there's nothing we can do about it for now.."

"If you think about it... this incident is similar to the serial murders back in Iwatodai. I will make sure to investigate it when we are back." Fuuka rubbed her chin as she was thinking.

"That would be good, Yamagishi. If the police can't find the culprit, then why don't we do our investigation instead. Maybe we can find something." Mitsuru nodded.

"I am not a detective, but..I will be glad to help." Yukari said.

"Where do people go when they die..?" Miki suddenly asked while looking down sadly. "Where does death take them...?"

"Huh..?" The girls looked at Miki in confusion after hearing her question. "Um, good people to heaven. So, I hope at least..the couple are happy together in heaven.." Fuuka said.

"....I hope they are in a happy place." Miki responded while closing her eyes.

..........

Meanwhile, the boys were at the beach in their swimsuits again. Junpei was holding a paper that the girls left for them.