Chapter 16: An Unsolved Puzzle Remains

A/N: IT'S BEEN A WHILE BUT I AM BACK WITH A NEW CHAPTER. The story was on hiatus cuz my exams began so I've been busy studying but I managed to finish writing this chapter! 

Enjoy!

--------------

It was the next day in Yakushima. Which was also the last day of S.E.E.S trip. Despite all that happened last night, the group tried to enjoy the last day of their vacation.

The boys were the ones to arrive at the beach in their swimsuits first.

"Man, it's already the third day of our trip. It's too bad we have to go home tomorrow... I'd totally stay longer if I could." Junpei said while standing in the middle and Akihiko and Makoto were sitting under the umbrella. He sounded sad as he didn't want to leave the island yet.

"But, I can't complain...a lot of cool things happened while we were here." 

"....."

Makoto and Akihiko watched Junpei wandering around the beach excitedly.

".....How can he be so full of energy? We were all up so late last night..." Akihiko said.

"Beats me.." Makoto said next.

Then, the girls came next with their swimsuits. Aigis was joining them. However, Miki wasn't there with the girls.

Aigis looked at her teammates in wonder, "do we have a mission at the beach today?"

Junpei shook his head, "nah, it's nothing like that. We just came here to have some fun." 

"Do you understand what it means to have fun, Aigis?" Fuuka asked her.

"Of course. Recreation is the refreshment of one's mind and body." Aigis responded with a nod.

"Exactly! Wow, you sure know a lot about us humans." Junpei looked impressed. "Alright, let's take one last dip before we leave!" He said then ran to the ocean excitedly. Aigis followed while Fuuka was speaking.

"Uh, hold on, Iori-san. Is it okay for Aigis to go in the ocean?" 

"Oh, I am sure she's water-proof," Yukari said.

Aigis suddenly walked up to the girls as Fuuka looked at her in confusion. "What's wrong, Aigis?"

"We all should engage in this activity together," Aigis answered.

"....?"

"An activity in which only one person derives enjoyment is not the optimal method to have fun." Aigis continued to speak.

The girls looked at each other after hearing her, "ugh, do we have to..?" Yukari sighed then nodded at Aigis before walking with her to the ocean to swim.

"We should join them." Fuuka looked at Mitsuru as she nodded. "Okay." The two then followed.

Akihiko was watching them enjoying swimming in the water together while he sat with Makoto. "Oh, well, it's good everyone is having- Wait.." He paused after he realized Miki wasn't there. "Someone's missing..."

Makoto looked at him as he understood who he meant, "is Miki okay?"

Seeing Ikutsuki walking up to them, their conversation got interrupted.

"Are you enjoying yourself?" Ikutsuki asked with a smile. "We've been quite busy during our time here, but it looks as if we can relax a bit today." 

"Hey, Akihiko-senpai, c'mon! It's your turn!" Junpei called him from far away. 

"My turn? What are they doing?" Akihiko looked confused.

Ikutsuki laughed, "I am glad to see everyone is having so much fun."