Chapter 18: An Intense Battle

A/N: I apologize for not uploading! I've been busy with college and writing for my other stories and other stuff.

However, I finally managed to finish writing this chapter!

Enjoy!

-------------------

______Time Skip, 6th August_____

It was finally the night that the group had been training hard and preparing for. The night of the full moon. They were all gathered together in the Command Room, including Ken and Koromaru. Those two have been practicing hard in Tartarus to be prepared for their first battle.

"Well, it's a full moon once again." Ikutsuki said.

"Any luck, Yamagishi?" Mitsuru asked.

"Yes, I've located it...and this time, it's not just an ordinary one." Fuuka replied.

Akihiko smirked as he looked satisfied, "now, that's more like it." 

"It's by the deserted houses in the northern part of Iwatodai. But there is one thing that's strange...it seems like it's underground... almost 10 meters." Fuuka explained.

"It must be in some kind of basement.." Said Yukari next.

"According to my records, there is no structure in the area that matches those criteria. However, in the past there was an underground facility that was used by the military." Aigis explained.

"The military? Is that true?" Yukari seemed surprised.

"Well, the architectural and geographic data for the area were uploaded into her memory bank. Then again, the information hasn't been updated in a decade." Ikutsuki said.

Aigis nodded, "that is correct."

Junpei blinked, "uh, wouldn't that be a good idea?" 

"So, how should we interpret this?" Akihiko asked.

"There's no way of knowing without actually going there.." Fuuka responded.

Mitsuru looked down and closed her eyes, "it seems war's scars may be deeper than we think.." She said then got up from her seat. "The situation is still unclear at this time. Therefore, we will still wait until we arrive to determine who should be deployed." 

Akihiko nodded, "agreed."

"Understood," Aigis said next.

"Then, let's go." Mitsuru frowned seriously.

_____Iwatodai Northern Harbor, Underground Facility Enternce____

"I don't see any Shadow." Miki said while looking around after they entered the underground facility. It was empty and kinda dark.

"It's kinda dark, I can't see anything." Yukari said.

"The target should be around here.." Fuuka said worriedly.

"....." 

After a moment of silence, they heard an unfamiliar voice speaking.

"Well well, looks like the mice have been caught in our trap."

"...??"

They all turned around after hearing someone. They saw a shirtless young man that looked in his early twenties. He had long gray wavy hair and yellow eyes. He was wearing a wire like headband, faded and torn light blue jeans with a red, ragged scarf tucked in the back pocket, a studded white belt and brown boots. He had full tattoo sleeves on both arms and a small tattoo on his lower back.

 He had full tattoo sleeves on both arms and a small tattoo on his lower back