Chapter 21: Unfortunate Circumstances

A/N: Hey hey I am back with another new chapter!

I know it's not been that long since I've uploaded the last chapter, that's because I finished writing both chapter 20 and 21 and I couldn't wait to upload this one > <

Also, this chapter has a new art of Miki! It's drawn by me.

Enjoy!

-----------------

_The Next Day, 15th August, 6th Day of Summer School _

It was finally the last day of summer school. All the students were free to leave and enjoy their summer break. Makoto and his friends left the school building with a smile on their faces.

"Finally, summer school is over!" Miki cheerfully walked out of the school building and then twirled while opening her arms. The summer breeze made her feel more relieved.

Junpei followed and cheered too, "I know, right?! It's been only a week, but it felt like months."

He then faced his friends with a wide grin on his face, "Since Shinjiro agreed to join forces with us, aren't we looking even more invincible now?"

"Want to go to Tartarus today?" Makoto asked.

"What, again?" Yukari asked.

"We've been going there every day lately." Fuuka said next.

"And it's not like there's a reason to go, right? I mean, once we defeat the four remaining Shadows, it will all be over. Anyway, about the festival..Fuuka, Miki, are you both gonna wear a yukata?" Yukari asked the girls.

"Ah...that..yeah. I guess?" Miki tilted her head.

"I am planning to-" Fuuka was going to answer, but Makoto suddenly spoke up.

"What's gonna happen once it's over?"

".....?"

His friends looked at him after hearing his question. No one knew what to answer as the atmosphere between them became quiet until Junpei spoke up.

"What's gonna happen? Well..."

"Obviously, we will go back to our normal lives without all the battles. At least...I think so..." Fuuka said next with a sad tone.

Miki had a sad expression on her face too. She faced the ground and tightened her grip on her school bag. She didn't really know what to answer Makoto, but she also wondered what's gonna happen once they finish their mission to defeat all the twelve Shadows.

"Grats on finishing summer school."

They suddenly heard a familiar voice as they all turned and saw Ken running up to them.

"Amada-kun! Did you come to meet us?" Fuuka asked with a smile.

"Yeah. It's not like I had anything else to do back at the dorm."

"Hey, you are going too, right? To the festival?" Yukari asked.

Ken blushed lightly then scratched his cheek shyly, "I don't know...Aragaki-san..is he going too?"

"What's this, Amada-kun? You want to go with Aragaki-san?"

Ken averted his gaze and fiddled with his fingers nervously, "Well...festivals don't really seem to be his thing."

"Why don't you just ask him?" Fuuka asked next.

"Yeah! Come on, don't be shy to ask him. I am sure he wouldn't refuse your request." Miki said smilingly.

"Hey! Makoto-kun! Won't you go with him?" Yukari turned and faced Makoto, seeing him standing in the background, just hearing their conversation.

"Sure."