Chapter 3: The Beginning of the Journey

_____Next Day, April 9th______

It was evening and the moon was full. As usual, people were normally hanging out, there were four random guys together having a chit-chat. One of them was not paying attention as he was typing on his phone. 

The clock that was hanging from a pole showed the time, it was going to be midnight very soon. 

Once it was exactly midnight, the place got quiet. The sound of people talking and walking had suddenly disappeared. 

However, the guy who was on his phone didn't notice that until he closed his phone and put it in his pocket. Expecting to see his friends, he saw coffins instead which made him get up from his seat and freak out. 

"What's going on?!" The guy was shocked. He started to look around him quickly like crazy. He saw how the moon looked so big and green and coffins were all around him. 

"What kind of messed up joke is this, you guys?!" His voice was shaking, he was in fear. He couldn't believe what he was seeing, it felt like a nightmare. 

He stepped back slowly while slightly shaking. Then suddenly, something black and gooey started to roll down his face like sweat as his face was getting eaten. 

"Ah...Ahhh!"

The guy screamed in fear while his eyes were wide open. He touched his face while his hands were getting eaten by that black slimy thing as well until his whole body turned completely slimy and gooey. 

__Iwatodai Dormitory, Command Room__

"Nothing changed," Yukari said while watching Makoto sleeping in his bedroom on a big screen in the Command Room

The room had a big electronic device that could be used to examine his physical condition to monitor him. 

"Both his pulse and brainwaves are remarkably stable. As I thought, he has the potential," Mitsuru said and looked at the chairman, wanting to know what his thoughts were about that. 

"It would seem that. If not, they would have preyed on him by now," the chairman responded. 

"I feel kinda bad though, spying on him like this," Yukari said, looking down.

Suddenly, a beeping sound came from the device. 

"Yes, Command Room," Mitsuru said. 

"You won't believe it, this thing is huge and it's targeting the building!" A guy's voice said through the speaker.

"What?" Mitsuru widened her eyes as the building shook, it was getting attacked. 

"Meet us at the entrance door, now!"

The guy tried to escape as he opened the door and quickly closed it behind him after he safely entered the dorm. He leaned on the door and groaned in pain, his arm got injured. 

"Akihiko!" Mitsuru called him as she ran to him with Yukari and the chairman. 

"Sanada-senpai! Are you okay?!" Yukari asked. 

"I am fine... I just couldn't beat it by myself, it's not how I expected.." He said while holding his bleeding arm. 

"Is it one of them?" The chairman asked. 

"Yes, it's different from those ordinary ones," Akihiko answered as suddenly a loud bang came from outside the dorm. 

"Takeba! Go take Yuki with you upstairs and escape out the back!" Mitsuru ordered Yukari. 

"But, what about you?" Yukari asked worriedly. 

"We will take care of it here," Mitsuru responded. "Hurry!"