Chapter 2: New Friends, New Destiny

___Early Morning, April 7th___

The sun rose and it was early morning. It was also time for Makoto to wake up and get ready to go to his new high school. But the blue-haired teenager hadn't woken up from his slumber yet, he was in a deep sleep. 

However, the sound of the knock on the door had awakened him. 

"Makoto-kun, you should wake up it's almost time for us to go to school," Yukari said while standing outside the door as she sighed and thought to herself.

Being late on the first day of school? This is not good if I have to wake him up every morning.

Makoto groaned lightly and sat up while rubbing his eyes sleepily, "you are not my mom.." He mumbled to himself then got up and went to the door, opening it, facing Yukari. 

"Come on! You can't be late, hurry up and get ready." She said with a pout.

She then took out keys from her pocket, "this is the keys room. I know, I should've given them to you yesterday when you first came, but... yesterday was.." She paused looking down as he hummed and tilted his head after taking the keys from her. 

".... Nevermind, we are late so we shouldn't waste time." She said then left to let him get ready. 

Makoto only sighed and went back inside his room, closing the door behind him.

Why are the people here so weird?

He thought to himself. 

He was truly not ready for school, but he already decided he was going to spend his time there alone. He got his school uniform and wore it. While getting ready, he suddenly remembered the dream he had last night. Seeing an old man and a young woman in a weird-looking elevator room made him feel strange, especially remembering everything that old man said to him about being his guide, and about his journey.

The dream felt so real. 

He tried to ignore it and think only about his new school for now. After he got ready, he took his bag and his earphones with him and got out of his room. He went downstairs to the lounge and saw Yukari alone. 

"There you are," Yukari noticed him as she spoke to him. "Kirijo-senpai left early today, I didn't ask her why," she shrugged. 

"Guess she wants to get elected for the Student Council President of the year, maybe that's why," she looked down. "Well, she is beautiful, intelligent and popular. It suits her to be the leader, so I think nothing can stop her from being the president this year," she said, a bit jealous as she was envying her. 

"Are you jealous?" Makoto bluntly said that to her which made her widen her eyes and shudder a bit. 

"Wh-what?? No I am not, why would I.." She frowned. 

"By the way, I am talking about the girl you saw yesterday. Don't worry, you will have the chance to meet everyone here so you won't be confused anymore." 

"I don't care," Makoto put his earphones on and walked away from her while putting both his hands in his pockets.

"Huh? Wait!" Yukari called him trying to stop him as he turned around to look at her. 

"You will go without having breakfast? I made some sandwiches, you can have one before you go."

"No, thanks. I am not hungry," he said, then continued to walk to the door to open it and go outside.

Yukari only sighed and shook her head, noticing how he was acting, "this guy.." She mumbled to herself then grabbed her bag and went outside to go to school with him.