Chapter 7: A Mystery

__Gekkoukan High School, May 11th__

"And remember class, next week on May 18th, the midterm exams begin. Don't forget, okay? You are free to go now." Ms. Toriumi said after the bell rang, announcing the class was over. She left a note for the upcoming exams on the board for the students to write it down, so they won't forget. 

"Are you okay, Junpei?" Yukari and Makoto walked to Junpei's seat, seeing him placing his head on the desk looking all gloomy. 

"Ughhh no, I hate exams!" Junpei complained. 

"Come on junpei, lighten up a bit. It will be over at the end." Yukari let out a sigh. She was also tired of the exams, but she was at least trying to be positive unlike someone. 

"We fought the big shadow that day, and I am still tired. Now the teacher is announcing that we have exams next week? Ugh give me a break."

"Shh! Not so loud, they could hear us!" Yukari whispered while looking around, seeing the students around them. "Anyway, if you study well instead, you won't be worried about having low grades like last year." 

"You sound like Mitsuru-senpai. Nah dude, if I am gonna study, I have to be all new and refreshed~ Soo, to the arcade games before I get so focused on studying!" He cheered.

Yukari sighed, "and then you play video games all day and you forget to study. You never change." 

"No! This year will be different. I will be doing my best!" 

"You were gloomy about the exams a second ago," Makoto said. 

"Dude, I don't want Mitsuru-senpai to scold me. That means, it's the same thing for you, study hard or Mitsuru-senpai will get you." 

"I don't care," he sighed. 

"I gotta go, I have practice in the Archery club. See you," Yukari said before walking away and leaving the classroom. 

"Bye, Yuka-tan," Junpei stood up and stretched. "Well-" The phone ringing interrupted him as he took out his phone, seeing who was the caller. He sighed before picking up, "yes mom, what is it this time?" 

"Ugh, I told you not to-" He paused, looking at Makoto as he had a curious look on his face. 

"Uhm okay okay, I am coming. Bye," he said, putting his phone back in his pocket. "Sorry man, I have to go too. Mom needs me for something," he sighed, mumbling. "Dad obviously did something again that troubled her..."

"Later, dude..." He waved, leaving the classroom too. 

Makoto was alone now, but he decided to go somewhere too to kill the time before going back to the dorms. 

   ____Class 2-D, 12th Grade___

"Hey, Sanada-san."

The brown-haired new student approached Akihiko after their class was over. 

"Oh Saito, what's up?"

"Are you free now? If you are, would you mind if you give me a tour around the school? Since I am new here and all.." He requested. 

Akihiko took out his phone to check the time, "well, since I don't have practice today, I do have free time after school. Sure, I can show you around," he smiled. 

"Cool! Thanks, Sanada-san. I knew you would be a good new friend I could count on." Katsu showed his bright smile. 

"Uh, it's my pleasure." Akihiko sounded a bit embarrassed. "Let's go. Let's begin from the first floor-"