Chapter 8: The Navigator

___Gekkoukan High School, June 6th __

A week had passed with still unanswered questions about the unconscious girls that were found at the school's entrance. And surprisingly, Fuuka had suddenly disappeared as she wasn't coming to school. S.E.E.S weren't aware of that since she wasn't in the same homeroom as them. They haven't even known the girl yet. 

That's why Makoto and Junpei decided to meet her and ask her some questions about joining S.E.E.S since she had the potential. Besides, they could get to know her. She could be a new member, and they didn't want to lose her.

They went to her classroom, class E during break time. However, she wasn't there which made them confused.

"Fuuka Yamagishi is not here," Junpei blinked, looking inside the classroom as they were standing at the door.

"Can we leave?" Makoto asked, leaning against the side of the wall.

"H-hey, this is a new girl we are talking about! Don't give up so easily!" Junpei turned around to face him, furrowing his eyebrows.

Makoto just closed his eyes and didn't say anything as if he didn't care about anything.

Junpei noticed one of Fuuka's classmates passing by them as he got her attention. 

"Hey, got a minute?" 

"Hm?" The female classmate stopped, looking back at Junpei.

"Has Yamagishi-san gone home already?" 

"Yamagishi-san hasn't come to school in over a week," the classmate had a worried expression on her face. 

"She's been out sick," she said as the two looked at Fuuka's empty seat.

"What, seriously?" 

"Yeah." 

Suddenly, another female voice could be heard in the same hallway the classroom was in, which got Makoto and Junpei's attention.

"How can you talk like that?!" 

"I only offered a hypothesis based on established evidence. They brought it on themselves." A male voice said, it was one of the Student Council members. Hidetoshi.

"What?! What did they do to deserve being unconscious in front of the school?" 

"They were probably on drugs or something. I heard those two used to party a lot at night behind Port Island Station. That's a notorious hangout for delinquents." 

"You are such a jerk!" 

Makoto and Junpei looked at each other after hearing the conversation. They decided to tell Yukari about this and go and discuss it after school.

___Wilduck Burger, After School__

"Port Island Station, huh. Do you think it's connected?" Yukari asked as the three teenagers were sitting and eating together. 

"Beats me, but that's our only lead. What would a couple of girls have been doing at school at night?" Junpei replied while resting his head against his hand.

Meanwhile, Makoto was just eating his fries quietly, not saying any word. He didn't show he cared.

Yukari glanced at Makoto for a second then looked back at Junpei, "the people who partied with them on the Port Island might know something." 

"Huh??" 

"Let's check it out!" 

"Oh, but.." 

"What's the matter?"