CHAPTER 1: FIRST DAY

I'm Leyla, Leyla Smith. 16 years old and my live will change drastically, when I transfer to Hogwarts, the school of wizardry and witchcraft.

I was only five when I first found out about the powers I actually had. My Aunt Lilly visited us, she always provoked me somehow. Lilly couldn't stand my mother, since she was convinced that she destroyed my father's life. My father Brian is a muggle so he has no powers and met my mother in the mid 80s. They had been on the Live Aid Concert when Queen performed and my clumsy mother Nathalie bumped right into him.

After that they met a few times and fell in love, at least that's what they always tell me.
When my mother told him about her being a witch, my dad freaked out but accepted it in the end. Real trouble makers, that's what they were.

Lilly made a real stupid comment on Christmas Eve. I don't even know why she celebrated with us but she did, and made the day to the most memorable day in my life. Brian and her got into a messed up fight, my mum tried to stop both of them.

„Oh please, Brian. It's only a matter of time 'til she's just the same!", Lilly spat aggressively hitting his arm harder and harder.

„Lilly, that's enough. Leyla's right there, she can hear you and your senseless-"

„Don't even open your witchy ass mouth, Nathalie! You caused all of this! Brian deserved something way better than you and this fucked up life and let me tell you, your stupid excuse of a daughter will also be a bitch, just like you! A. witchy. ass. bitch!", she screamed.

My eyes began tearing up. I was five, and still, I could understand everything she said. I knew that my mother was a witch, I knew the whole story, as the three always discussed it in front of me. The words rang in my head. 'your stupid excuse of a daughter-. A witchy ass bitch-'

I truly hated my Aunt. Wasn't she supposed to care for me? To just accept me and love me? Wasn't I supposed to have these beautiful, perfect memories with her, since she is my Aunt? I became angry and sad at the same time. Why did she do this? Why did she say this? Why couldn't she just leave us alone? Suddenly all of my thoughts stopped. The light, it began flickering, the floor started to quake a little. And I, I didn't feel anything as I looked into my mothers eyes. She was surprised and shocked yet happy. She knew what was going on, and she liked it.

„You were right Lilly. Thank you, her powers have finally shown, because of you. You fucked up Brians life even more.", she said, breaking out in laughter as she took me into her arms and kissed me.
My Aunt took all of her things and left. The next thing I saw, was my dad, looking into my eyes while he sang me to sleep.

~ Present ~

Today, I would finally go to Hogwarts and see my best friend Chiara again. The both of us are transferring to Hogwarts from Beauxbatons, after we got sick of it. The teachers, the students, all of them were so exhausting and annoying, we just couldn't stand them anymore.

The school itself was beautiful though, no really it was magical. It's on a hill full of conifers and really big. To be honest, it's actually prettier than Hogwarts, just more expensive looking. Everything is bright, beige walls and floors, decorations made out of ice which don't melt, luxurious furniture, beautiful rose gardens and this huge library. I will definitely miss it!

Our friend group always used to go to the Cenote at night, since only teachers and a few selected students like prefects or head students were allowed to bath there. The Cenote is a lake open to the sky with its water level about 26 meters below ground level.