CHAPTER 3: THE CHAMPION SELECTION

Is that him?"

~ One week later ~

~ One week later ~

„Hey, you know what?", Hunter asks. „I'm going to submit my name for the tournament."

„Nah, you're crazy mate!", Josh tries to stop him. „You know how dangerous this is, right?"

„That's why I'm doing it."

We are sitting in the Great Hall, in front of the goblet with other students standing around it. Some of them have already submitted but some are just learning... for O.W.L.s probably.

„Smith? Got some paper?", he asks.

„Uh, yeah. Here you are.", I say after I looked in my bag, searching for a block of paper.

„Hunter Crawford", he mumbles while writing his name down.

„You're bloody insane Hunter!", Chiara bursts out. „I mean these challenges can cost you your life! Like Dumbledore said, if chosen you stand alone."

„I don't really care, you know? We're all gonna die someday, so why waste your time?" He jumps down the steps into the age line which Dumbledore drew himself. Only students above eighteen can enter and submit their names. „Done", he smiles at me, making me smile a little too. „You really are insane."

Another boy walks to the goblet and submits, his name is Cedric I think. A lot of girls look at him, as if he would be the one everyone's falling for.

Some twins run into the hall and cheer. Everyone's clapping their hands, motivating them.

„Well we've done it, Hunter!", one of them yells. „cooked it up just this morning", the other one adds.

„It's not going to work.", Hermione hums. I know her from class, she's really smart.

„Oh yeah, and why's that Granger?"

„You see this?", she points at the line. „This is an age line."

„So?", one twin exclaims.

„So, a genius like Dumbledore couldn't possibly be fooled by a dodge as pathetically dim-witted as an aging potion."

„But that's why it's so brilliant, 'cause it's so pathetically dam-witted.", they explain and laugh.

„These are the Weasley twins, Fred and George. Stubborn sometimes.", Hunter jesters. „They're in my grade yet only seventeen, so..."

„Ready Fred?"

„Ready George?"

„Bottoms up!", they cheer at the same time, drinking the potion and jumping into the circle.

„Yeah!", they celebrate as it's working. Both of them throw in their piece of paper but shortly after they are being thrown away by the magic of the goblet. Grey beards and hair grow, so they start to fight. „I told you!", Hermione laughs.