CHAPTER 14: DINNER FOR TWO

Don't forget to vote and share this story!

~~~~

He brought us home. Even though I don't know if I will be able to call it home again. And I don't know any Scarlett on our school, which is probably because I'm a transfer. Apparently, she's a Slytherin too, at least Draco and Blaise say so. I suppose they'd know, right? She told them all. Hopefully only that Hunter cheated on me... Would they have pity?

As I enter the Courtyard, students are standing in groups, chatting about the current events at Hogwarts. Only one week's left till the next Triwizard tournament task, and as people suspect it'll take place at the black lake. I love to go there sometimes, especially at night. Even during winter this year, the coldest days throughout the year I found myself watching it endlessly, standing at it's edge and throwing stones. It keeps me calm and relaxed. Before the first task, I came there, trying to get these horrible thoughts of Hunter injured or even dead out of my mind.

That was when I cared about him... Now? I don't know how to feel about him, as on one side I want him to get injured - see him hurt by whatever it might be. But then on the otherside I'd be worried and not wanting him to get hurt.

Even though he hurt me so bad. Betrayed me – failed me. Let me down.

He held me tight, not only at night but also when I didn't feel good. Although that wasn't often, as I was so happy to be with him. Maybe even proud. I fell for him; I'd even say I fell in love with him. But then he let me go, fall hard. Not in love – in pain.

If he knew? That he hurt me so bad?

It's morning when we arrive at school grounds. The students are in class so none of them really meet us on our way to the Slytherin common room.

„I suppose you can get to the common room, am I right?", Mattheo drawls. „I will inform Dumbledore of your arrival. I need to head to classes."

„Since when is Riddle so...", Draco tries to find the right words. „So driven and... smart?"

„He was always smart just not working hard in school. I guess he wants to become our new prefect.", Chiara corrects him emotionless. Mattheo hasn't said a word to her while coming here; didn't even look at her. But at me.

Somehow, he paid attention to every single thingI did. How I packed my clothes, collecting every belonging in our hotel room. He made sure I grabbed the portkey in the right moment and land safely. Though he hasn't talked to me either. Weird, he's acting extremely weird.

„Never mind, he won't be a prefect anyway.", Pansy chuckles nervously. „Blimey.", she sighs. „Imagine him being one. He'd snitch all of us because of his hatred towards literally every alive being. And besides that, he's a Riddle, Dumbledore would never allow him to be a prefect."

„Well, he would never stop one of our parties, there's to much weed for him to smoke. And as he told us, Dumbledore sent him to get us back. That must mean he trusts him.", Blaise states and he's right. Although it is kind of suspicious.

The courtyard got greener during the days we were gone. Already before, some flowers found their way through the surface, some even through the stone path. Heat was radiating in the air, due to the sun that appears more often now.

Spring will soon start, so will my motivation. Whyever, spring awakes something deep down in me, motivating me to learn and clean more; to do what I'm passionate or not about.

„I hope Snape will still let me play Quidditch.", I wonder, glancing over to Blaise as we enter the common room.

„I'm sure he will. He obviously knows that you can learn fast and that you're ambitious about it.", Blaise mumbles.