CHAPTER 18: HE LIKES 'EM

Crying. Screaming. Laughing — Kids.

"Miss Hammond, Matthew kicked me!", a little girl complains and a tall woman stands in front of her.

"Matthew, we don't kick people here.", she says annoyed, not even trying to solve the problem while reading the news paper.

The girl sticks out her tongue, provoking the little boy. He starts crying.

Miss Hammond groans, gets up and picks Matthew up, carrying him into another room.

"Ley—Leyla?", another girl next to me, a good friend of mine asks. "Can you give me Lilly please?"

I look at the doll in my hands, Lilly, and reach it over to the girl with two braids.

"Thank you.", she smiles before I get up.

I run out of the room, through the corridor towards a kitchen.

"Miss Ray, I'm hungry.", I stand still, looking at the black haired woman.

"Leyla, you've just eaten lunch.", she pulls up a brow.

"I know. But I want a pudding.", I cross my arms. "Chocolate. Please?", I drawl, begging.

"Alright, Alright. But don't bloat in front of the others, understood?"

"I won't. Thanks Miss Ray.", I mumble as she grabs a pudding in the fridge and reaches it to me.

"Come on, go play.", she smiles, waving at the door.

"Yes Miss Ray.", I shuffle on the floor and run back into the playing room.

~~~~

"Leyla? Merlin, Leyla!", a familiar voice echoes above me as my eyes open slowly. "Oh, Leyla! You've scared me to death. Are you okay?"

I see Chiara, bending over me and looking at me worried. As I try to get up a little I get dizzy.

"No, no.", Madam Pomfrey shakes her head. I can only see everything blurred. "You need to rest, Miss Smith. You need to rest."

She walks past me to another bed.

"Bloody hell, we thought you were dead!", Pansy squeals next to me. My eyes slowly adjust again, making me see things clearer.

"Wha—What happened?", I stutter, looking at Chiara first and then to Pansy.

"You were involved in the second task of the tournament. Don't you remember?", Pansy worries.

"N—No?", I look at them confused.

"The champions were assigned to save one dear person to them — in the lake. Hunter saved you.", Chiara looks down at her lap nervously, fiddling her fingers.

"Excuse me, what?", I frown, still laying on the bed.

"She's telling the truth. It seems a bit weird don't you think?", Pansy looks at Chiara.

"Not just a but. But, let's not talk about it now. Are you okay, Leyla?"

"Uhm, yes. No, yes. I'm okay. Did anything else happen that I should know?", I question curiously but also worried about others.

"No. Everyone is save... alive. We were so scared.", Chiara sighs. "Thanks you're still with us."

"Woah, don't act like I've been sick to death!"

"You were almost dead, Leyla. Miss Pomfrey needed to revive you.", Pansy quirks her brows. "But it doesn't matter. You're here now, right Chiara?"

"Yes, yes.", she nods abruptly.