CHAPTER 12: GAMES

A sharp knocking at the door causes me to wake and sit up abruptly. „Room service!", a feminin voice shouts shortly after. My head pounds hard, blurring out my vision for a few seconds and making me feel dizzy. The room is dark, curtains closed in front of the wide, big windows, the only light coming from the hallway through the slightly opened door. Footsteps echoe in it, probably heading to the door. „No service needed, thank you.", a deep sleepy, raspy voice says before the door shuts again. It's Draco.

And a snorting sound chimes next to me. „No...", Chiara blathers. „No, I'd rather order pizza."

I chuckle. Chiara always talks in her sleeps, mostly complete nonsense, which wakes me up and night, leaving me confused and wondering what she means.

As I carefully get up, I glide into my slippers and tug a cosy cardigan around my back and chest. Holding it in place I walk out of our bedroom into the luxurious bathroom, with beige and brown marble, a big bathtub, standing in the middle of it, providing a breathtaking view through the windows. How I love spending time away from school for some days, not that it wasn't fun being there, I just needed some time to rest and not see the glances, not hear the whispering, whether it's about Mattheo or Hunter. And I'll still have a lot of fun with Blaise, Draco, Josh, Pansy and Chiara.

Fresh, cold water drips down my face as I wash it. My eye bags are darker than usually and my hair looks like a mess. Since I'm too lazy to fix it on my own I use my wand. Suddenly a bruise appears on my jawline, not blue but red, as if I would've been beaten up. But I couldn't be, right? I mean... I didn't fight with anyone. My head hurts even more as I try to remember last night. Only small parts come to my mind, before I try and put them together like pieces. I danced, drank and sang but I didn't fight. My knuckles start to hurt. I stretch them and put them into a fist again as I see them turning red. What the fuck?

„You're thinking out loud.", his morning voice says, while leaning against the doorframe. Why is it that guys always lean in doorframes?

„Sorry it's just... did I do something yesterday? Something — unexpected.", I try not to be suspicious.

„Well, you did quite the performance.", he clears his throat. „Moving your hips, flipping your hair and... riding the floor.", he quirks his brows and smirks.

„Yeah, I kind of remember that, but anything else... more violent?", I mumble.

„Not gonna lie, your movements almost made me weak but —"

„Anything else?", I frown more aggressively.

„No, madame.", he says drily. „What is —? Did you punch a wall?", Draco asks, his voice cracking from the hangover.

„No... I don't know. That's why I'm asking.", I explain. „I'm bruising from nothing. It just appeared."

„Mmh.", he answers. „Interesting."

„Malfoy? What did you do?", I seeth.

„Nothing. I've just never seen anything like this. And you're sure you haven't—"

„No, Malfoy... I'm sure. Whatever, isn't your business anyway, is it?"

He slips away, walking into the entrance room again. „I'm going to order breakfast.", his voice echoes through the entire suite. I can only hear growling and yawning, probably the others woke up.