CHAPTER 19: PROTECTION

Asshole.

Mattheo Riddle is the rudest, most disrespectful and pathetic person I've ever known. And still I'm asking myself why — why I did this.

What if he tells Chiara? What would she say?

I can already hear her words: "you said it yourself; you said that he's a psychopath and now you're the one sucking his dick?!"

No, I cannot tell her. She can't know. Fuck, what did I do?!

And Mattheo? I bet he's just like his father. But those brown curls, these deep nut brown eyes make him seem different — softer, maybe the boy who will try to do better and be better than his father. The boy who rebels against him and walks his own path. Like in a book, but life's not a book is it?

I feel lost, don't know what to do.

What should I do? What will I do?

I feel like a bad friend.

Honesty. Oh yes, honesty. That's usually important in a friendship right? But how could I tell her the truth now? I can't just walk up to her and be like: hey, I just sucked a dick. And guess whose? The boy that hurt you like hell, the son of Voldemort. And your best friend just ruined your friendship. So, we're good?

No. Fuck honesty. I mean, in the end doesn't it always ruin everything? It just makes everything more complicated and stressful.

Usually I'd be talking to Chiara right now — asking her for advice, but I can't. I shouldn't.

And still I'm feeling guilty... for what I've done.

He wouldn't even try to care or understand it. Mattheo Riddle doesn't care about anything but himself, does he?

"Hey", Blaise snaps in front of my face, looking at me. "We need to get to the quidditch pitch. I hope you're not too distracted today?"

"Oh-uhm no. No, I'm fine.", I answer, eating the last piece of food on my plate before getting up. "I'm coming!", I yell after Blaise who already rushed out of the Great Hall.

It's Saturday, the match against Ravenclaw is only half an hour away and I'm still here; not changed or anything.

I walk down the hallway, receiving some weird glances by some of the students standing there. Probably still because of Scarlett but I ignore them as I really need to get to the quidditch pitch.

I rush out of the castle down the path leading to it. I pass some groups of students, teachers and even parents who are on their way to watch today's match. Some are dressed in the houses colours: blue and green.

Arriving at the changing rooms I knock on the wooden door. "Can I come in?", I question before looking around in a hurry.

"Yes, we're finished.", Theodores voice sounds through the door, causing me to open it and walk in.

Only Theodore, Blaise and Draco are standing here, dressed completely, looking at me questioningly as I stare at them.

"Uhm-", I look around. "Where are the others?"

"Already on the pitch. Hurry.", Draco smirks as they walk out. "I'm gonna wait for you outside so don't make both of us come late."

I sigh smilingly and get changed after they left. Slipping into my pants quickly I look at myself in the mirror. "You're a bitch", I tell myself still disgusted by what I did to Chiara. I put on my black shin guards and some gloves as the wind outside is still a bit cold.