CHAPTER 24: RAIN

Warning: The end of this chapter is a painful cliffhanger. You'll hate me so if you don't want to get destroyed wait for the next chapter and read the two chapters then :)

~~~~

~~~~

Things haven't really changed last week. From the moment on when I told Chiara the only close person I had was Draco. Not that I'd talk to him as much as I did with the others, but he is the only one sharing my company at the moment. I'm not complaining, it's what I deserve – what I expected, although it is unfamiliar. Since I was a baby, I had a ton of loving people around me, looking out for me, raising me with love and manners, making me laugh and lightening me up on bad days.

I'm not used to being alone. And as selfish this might sound; it's the truth. Thinking about family, I wonder what would they say now? Would they be ashamed or rather disappointed? Would they not care or rather throw advice at me? After the final task of the Triwizard Tournament I would return home. Already the thought of facing my parents and telling them we could not meet the Jeffries this summer frightens me.

Oh, it's only a little fight which needs to be sorted out, my mother would probably say, waving a hand at me. Don't worry dear, the silence between the two of you would probably kill you for a few days, but I bet you'll start to talk again as if nothing ever happened, my dad would assure me. Would we? Would we really speak again?

Anyways, I'm here now, in Hogwarts. And soon I would be dancing at the Spring Ball. Only two days left until I would attend this Ball with Draco – as friends of course. McGonagall has again scheduled another one of her dance lessons preparing us for some of the Balls' dances. Just like the theme they are inspired if not even actually old-fashioned choreographies. I know that some students are not looking forward to this, but I personally love the idea of wearing these magnificent gowns and dancing to classicism.

„Now, please gather, I'd like to start.", McGonagall's voice echoes through the Great Hall loudly, where all the tables and benches have been put aside. Slytherins and Gryffindors sit down on the long benches. "As you've heard, this years Spring Ball is inspired by the 19th century."

Some boys snort or shuffle uncomfortably.

"Not only ball gowns but also dances. And as some of you might already know, the 19th century dances are mostly well known as group dances.", McGonagall explains, receiving a ton of sighs and groan by boys. "When it comes to dancing most of you are at least a bit experienced, looking back to the Yule Ball, which is quite good indeed..."

"Not really looking forward. There probably won't even be some nowadays music.", Ron mumbles to Harry.

"Just wait, your big brothers might have a solution for that!", Fred cheers quietly.

"Oh, what did you do now?", I frown, smilingly. "Haven't hexed the gramophone, have you?"

"No, we haven't done anything", George exclaims. "Yet.", Fred adds wickedly. "But the Ball will be more fun after the first half."