4- Stolen Glances

Carmen Amor

On the first day, I was scared, scared of the unknown. On the second day, I was nervous, nervous about the fact that I'm being put into different states and countries with a man I've only given a lap dance to. And on the third day, I was excited, the last thing I need is for anyone to see me weak. Showing weakness lets people know how to hurt you, and I know that from experience.

I was excited about three things. One, I will be traveling. Two, I get to assassinate for 6 or more months straight and this time it's not only killing. And three, I get to annoy and pick with this Styles guy.

I don't know much about him but I feel like I'd like the outcome of him being wound up. He doesn't talk much so I'm curious to see if I can make him. Also, he isn't too bad to look at. I feel like there's more to him than what meets the eye and I'm determined to figure him out because the last thing I want is for someone else I know to end up like her.

Me and Styles are meant to meet at the private airport that Derell owns. From there we are going to be leaving California to go to New York. Once we land all the information we need will be in our hotel room. Yes hotel room, apparently Derell didn't feel the need to spend more money on two separate, cheap asshole.

Today I chose a simple outfit because we will be on a plane for about 5 hours. Just a big camo shirt and black jogger pants with sneakers. I honestly live in comfortable clothes unless I'm working at Lush.

I pull up to the airport in my uber because I left Nat at my house, I'll miss my baby. I look around until my eyes land on a man with chestnut hair. He is dressed in all black with a hoodie and sweats. Not even going to attempt to front, he looked hot. I don't know how he makes simple things like that look like something that should be in a fashion blog but he does.

I walk up to him right as he turns around and his gaze meets mine. Damn.

"How is smirky junior today?" I ask with a cheeky grin.

He just stares at me with an impassive look on his face. I wonder why he doesn't talk more. Maybe he follows that saying "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all". Lucky for him I am immune to being ignored so he doesn't have to see me angry.

We walk in silence toward the plane, him walking way faster than me because of his abnormally long legs. Once inside the plane, I take a look at my surroundings. The interior had cream seats with dark brown wood accents. I watch as the Styles guy takes a seat and I sit across from him.

His stare was oddly intimidating and scorching. The way he looked at me made me feel bare and vulnerable and I hate that feeling. I was the first one to break the contact as I pulled out my computer and went on to Netflix.

The rest of the plane ride is spent in complete silence. At some points during the flight I would look up and each time I would find Styles looking at me, and each time I looked away.

He makes me nervous, I don't like that.

When we landed in New York we quickly left the plane and went into a cab. Once again it was spent in silence as Styles stared at me. It's kinda creepy at this point.

When we pull up to the hotel we take the elevator to the top so we are in our suite. The suite consisted of two king-sized beds, a kitchen, a full bathroom, a living room, and a balcony. It was gorgeous. The kitchen was complete with stainless steel appliances and marble countertops. The living room had a fireplace with a huge television on top, completed with a grey L-shaped couch.

The view from up here was incredible. You could see the statue of liberty from here as well as the lively streets of 'The Big Apple".

I turn around to see Styles looking through the papers that were placed on the countertop in the kitchen. I make my way over to him and start reading along with the printed pages.

We are going to be in New York for two weeks. In those two weeks, we have to gain slight trust with a man named Christian Luca who is involved in a drug cartel that is connected to the Columbians. We also have to hack into his systems of the club he owns because then we get the wired money transactions, important contacts, and critical locations.

By the time I finish briefing the pages, Styles is already in the shower. Lucky for me I was smart and decided to shower before we got on the plane. I play music on my phone as I start getting ready for bed.

As I'm taking off my clothes I hear a door open and close and soon after I hear footsteps that abruptly come to a halt. I turn around and meet a pair of green eyes.

Well isn't this just fucking lovely.

His eyes trail from my face down my body and I tense,

Please don't notice it. Please don't notice it. Please don't notice it.

Eventually he just simply turns around and heads to his bed on the other side of the room. I released a breath I definitely knew I was holding and slipped into a big shirt with some sweatpants. I unhook my bra because I'm not a complete psychopath and peel back the covers to my bed.

I glance over at Styles to already see him staring at me.

He definitely saw, fuck.

"It was a dark time, okay?" I say whispering as if any sudden noise would shatter everything around us.

He doesn't respond, he just turns off his light as do I.

A.N: Hello my lovelies. What do you guys think Carmen didn't want to be seen? Why was Styles staring at her so much? I'd love to hear what you guys think. ALSO THANK YOU FOR OVER 1.7K READS! That's actually insane you guys and it means the world to me. Please share, vote, and comment because it makes me happy - J

 Please share, vote, and comment because it makes me happy - J