Chapter 47

Angel did not know what to do or say to Hook. She knew she messed up. She was not going to tell him a lie that nothing happened with Russell. She was not trying to hide the truth. He asked so she told him. Her head was pounding and her heart racing. Whatever liquor effects were diminishing. She never wanted a drink ever again.

Maybe just some wine.

She should not have drunk so much. Not with Hook like that. What did she say? What did her sister and Jared say? She knew how they both got when they were drunk. She was embarrassed for them and did not know what happened.

She was not going to get much sleep. She was not sleeping on that couch, so she went into the girls' room and slept on the bottom bunk. She was way too tall for that bed, but at least it was more comfortable than that couch. Sometime in the middle of the night, she fell out of the bed and hit her head. She screamed out in pain and held her head, crying.

Hook rushed in, he wore nothing but his boxers, and suddenly, she was pain-free.

"You okay?"

"I'm too tall for this little bed."

He let out a frustrated sigh. "Come get in the bed, girl."

She tried not to smile as she followed him to his room and closed the door.

"Keep your clothes on. And this doesn't mean shit's about to happen, I just don't need blood all in my girls' room," he said, getting in the bed under the covers, on his side, his back to her.

She got under the covers with him and moved close to him.

"Angel, back up. I'm not doing that with you."

"Okay," she said, staying to her side of the bed.

This wasn't going to work either. She wanted to be all up on him. How was she going to go to sleep with him mostly naked in bed with her? He had his back to her, but she lay there, laying on her back looking up at the dark ceiling. He hated her. He wanted to break up with her, and maybe she deserved it.

She sniffed and wiped away tears. Maybe she should leave. Hook did not want to talk to her. She did not know what to say to him if he did talk to her.

"Come here," Hook said, turning to her, then pulling her in his arms.

She happily snuggled against his chest, but couldn't stop the tears from falling.

"Stop crying, you know that shit gets me."

"I'm sorry," she said, squeezing her arms around his waist.

"We'll talk in the morning, okay. Go to sleep."

She nodded and soon was sleep

When she woke up, her head was pounding and Hook was not in the bed. She sat up and stretched, then held her head in pain. Between the hangover and hitting her head when she fell last night, she felt like she was run over by a train. She got out of the bed and took off the clothes she still wore from yesterday. She looked in Hook's drawers and grabbed one of his t-shirts to wear. She looked in another drawer and put on a pair of his boxers. She had clothes there but nice clothes and she would need to shower first before she got dressed.

She went to the bathroom, did her business, washed her face, and ran her fingers through her hair. Hook was sitting in the living room watching TV, dressed in shorts and a wife-beater.

"I made you some coffee, and I have some aspirin for your headache," he said but did not even look at her.

She went to pour herself some coffee, then gulped it down black, even though she preferred it with cream and sugar. She walked over to the couch and sat beside Hook.