Chapter 33

She liked having Hook and the girls over. They were getting a kick out of the pool, even though neither could swim and Hook was not that great at teaching. They wore water wings on their arms and goggles. If she was up to it, she would give them lessons. Her parents made her and her sister take swim lessons since they were babies before they could walk. Shay was on the swim team in high school and a lifeguard in college.

They had been in that house since she was ten years old. Before that, they never had a pool but still swam often. They were the only Black family in the neighborhood back then, now there were at least two other Black families and an interracial family as well. St. Louis was very slow in integrating most areas.

She wished she was around more Blacks when she grew up. She would be a better person for it.

"Angel, since you don't have weave anymore, you can get your hair wet, right?" Ravyn said to her while she sat on the edge of the pool with only her feet splashing around.

"Yes, but, I can't swim right now."

"Why not? You don't know how?"

"I'm a pretty good swimmer. My accident...I can't get my scar wet."

"Can I see it?"

"Rave! Sounding like Mo over there," Hook said, pulling himself up so he could sit beside her on the edge of the pool. "Go play with your sister."

"Okay, because you wanta kissy face," Ravyn said, playing with the big ball Hook brought over for them to play with.

"That's your child," Angel said with a laugh.

"She ain't wrong," he said, kissing on her neck. "You look good in this swimsuit."

She wore a black one-piece that dipped low in the back but showed off nothing. She did not want to wear anything too skimpy around Hook's daughters. Besides, most of her suits were two pieces and now with an ugly scar, she did not want to wear any of them.

"And you're showing off all your sexy muscles. If my mom sees you she might try and cheat on my father with you."

"Naw, I'm yours," he said, pulling her to him. "How is that scar doing? Cuz when I'm ready to get some, I ain't going easy on you."

"Almost there. Doctor's appointment next week, we'll see."

He jumped back down in the pool and got between her legs and started kissing her. He was so sexy with his kisses, her insides were doing somersaults. She felt his hardness against her thigh and it was so enticing. She wanted to take him in her mouth right there. But then...his girls...her parents' backyard...she was not that crazy.

"Hook, boy, what are you trying to do kissing me like that," she said, pulling him away. "You got an erection sticking out your shorts and your girls can see."

"I can't control him sometimes, you know it thinks for himself."

She giggled. "Handle it."

He tried to discreetly shift himself in his swim shorts while his back was to the girls. They were not paying him any mind, splashing around in the water. 

"Want me to help you out," she said, rubbing on his chest.

"Girl! You making shit worse," he said.

"Hey! How are the girls doing? I have some cookies and juice for them."

Now her mother was outside and breathing down her neck while her boyfriend had to deal with his erection. Good thing he was in the water and it wasn't really visible unless you were all up on him.