Chapter 6

Hook blinked and tried to see if he heard her right. She was married? As in, not free and available to do all the things she had done to him? He looked at her hands and did not see a ring on any finger.

"Come again?"

"I'm married," she said.

"Soooo, you're going to just drop that lil piece of info on me like...what the fuck!"

He jumped out of the bed and started to look for his things.

"I'm sorry. I don't see how it's a big deal—"

"It's not a big deal? It's not a big deal! You're married! You have a husband! Tell me, does he live here too?"

"Well, yeah, it's his house."

He screamed out and shook his head. He spotted his boxers and snatched them from the floor.

"Hook, wait, just listen."

"Hell no! You have me in some man's house, in some man's bed...I don't know what kind of freaky thing you are into lady, but I ain't the one."

Angel got out of the bed and rushed over to him as he put his boxers on.

"Hook, just listen to me. You can't just hear part of the story and just rush off. Yes, I'm married, yes, this is his house, but no, he's not going to barge in here like he owns me. We're separated."

"Separated. Okay, sure," he said, not stopping looking for his clothes.

"We are! Hook listen, I married him young, while I was still in undergrad. He's older, he's really rich, and I thought he was everything I wanted, but as soon as we got married, he changed."

She sat down on her bed and started to cry.

One thing he hated was to see a female cry. He stopped putting on his pants and walked over to her and sat beside her.

"Tell me more."

"Matthew just got meaner and meaner and possessive. He did not want me to do anything. I was young and still wanted to hang out, you know. Then we started to argue a lot. Then I started to hate him. Then he cheated on me. When I confronted him about it, you know what he did? He hit me."

"He hit you?"

Another thing Hook hated was to hear about a man hitting a woman. He had seen and gone through that with his parents. He could not save his mother then, but he vowed he would never stand around and watch a man hit a woman again.

"That's when you left him, right?"

She shook her head.

"Nooo! It scared me. I had never been hit like that before. My parents never even spanked me. I was scared. He was scary and he threatened me. See, he's this big shot person and no one was going to believe me. I stayed. He never hit me again, but it was obvious he put the fear in me. He flaunted other women in my face. I was young and stupid, what do you expect."

"Men that hit women aren't real men."

"Well..."

He should walk away because he could tell she was a very complicated woman and he had enough shit in his life. Something about her was making him stay.

"I finally threw out all his things like I was Angela Bassett. Would have set the shit on fire too, but the way my neighborhood is set up..."

He chuckled.

"That was only seven months ago. Anyway, I filed the papers but we are still married. He is fighting it. Claims he still loves me."

"Do you still love him?"

She gave him a look.

"I hate his guts."

"So I'm just the revenge guy? Something to do to get under his skin after he cheated on you for years."

She shrugged.  "I married him when I was twenty-two, I'm thirty-two. I have been with him since I was twenty.  You tell me if you're the rebound guy."

"We don't match at all."

She rubbed his chest.

"I know! But I think that's what I like about you."

He kissed her.

"I really would like to stay in this bed with you all day but I have lots of things to do such as fix that car of yours you treat like a baby."

"My car is my baby!"

"Anyway Angelface, let me take a shower and head out okay."

He took a quick shower and then reluctantly left her so he could haul her SUV to his shop and get started on it. He would have to order a piece for it and that could take a couple of days for him to get. Angel was ordering a rental car. He knew she did not have to worry about money but still, he did not want to take long to fix her car.  They left things on him contacting her car when it was ready, but he hoped he would see her before then.

He definitely wanted some more of her.

A/N: I still have no idea where this story is going. This is based on a short story about a one-night stand, sooo...how can I make two opposites fall in love?

XOXO
Kimberly