Regrettable Decisions (Part 3)

As requested, a part three! :) Not sure if I like this but I kinda went with the flow. 

You were so tired from the night that the blinding lights turning back on in your room didn't wake you. Neither did the beep from the lock or the soft footsteps approaching you. Even when some clothes were gently placed by your feet on the covers, you kept dreaming.

It was only when a gentle hand touched your shoulder that you woke up with a startle, momentarily confused on where you were. In a reflex, you cringed away from the touch, making yourself as small as possible against the headboard.

It was only when you saw the brunette's face that you calmed down, her usual light smile the best thing you had woken up to in years.

''I'm sorry, you startled me,'' you apologized embarrassed. Her whole presence made you nervous, but a good kind of nervous. 

Daisy sat down on the edge of the bed, the mattress dipping slightly under her weight. ''My fault, I should have known better than to touch you without warning.'' She looked at you, maybe looking for something in your eyes, and you didn't have the strength to look away. Why would you, when it felt so nice. 

''I brought you some clothes,'' she finally interrupted the staring contest, gesturing to the black pile by your feet. ''They're mine again but we'll get some for you soon. I hope you like black.''

You nodded absentmindedly. ''So does that mean I get to stay?''

''For now Coulson decided to give you a chance, yes,'' she nodded, happiness flaring up in your chest and you couldn't stop the wide smile growing on your lips. ''But it will take a lot of hard work and time to earn his complete trust. Today we start with the screening, which sucks but we need to make sure you're not HYDRA or a corporate spy.''

She saw your 'Really?'-face and sighed. ''Yeah, I know, but it's protocol.''

''Whatever I need to do.'' You stared at her expectantly, waiting for her to go so you could get changed. 

It took her a second before she realized and mentally cursed for not paying attention. ''Right. I'll wait outside.'' 

Only when she closed the door behind her, leaving it unlocked so you could get out yourself, you dared to get out of bed. There was a pair of jeans and another soft, black sweater for you to wear. Your own shoes stood at the end of the bed, so you just wore those again. There was even a hairbrush, gum and facewipes. She really had thought of everything.

Daisy looked up from her tablet when the door opened. She seemed to be glued to the thing. Smiling, she gestured you to follow her so you did, once again ignoring people's eyes on you. ''So what more do you need to know about me?'' you playfully asked her, not paying any attention to where you were going.

She smiled at you, knowing you were slightly nervous. ''The lie detection test is more to find out if you're trustworthy and don't have any secret agendas.''

''Great, I love spilling all my secrets,'' you sarcastically said. You really weren't looking forward to it. ''Will you be asking the questions?'' You couldn't hide the hint of hope in your voice.

But to your disappointment, she shook her head. ''No, I don't have the clearance for that, but I'll be there, you just won't see me.''

''That doesn't make me feel any better.''

She sighed again, wishing she could do more to put your mind at ease. ''I promise it will be fine. If I can get through them, you can.''

Daisy kept her promise, staying with you until she was shooed out by a serious looking man who had a tendency to let the loathing he felt for you shine through on his face. He didn't scare you, having had to deal with men who thought they were better than you enough times in your life, but it did annoy you.