Quarantine (Part 2)

Part two! Thanks for requesting. Will write the chapters in order of request so don't worry, I haven't forgotten about any of your suggestions :)

''Hey, it's okay. You're safe.''

It were the first words you heard, before you could even open your eyes. Of course you'd recognize that voice, you'd recognize it everywhere. 

Slowly, your vision cleared and your girlfriend's face hang directly in front of yours, a smile on her lips that didn't completely reach her eyes. All events suddenly rushed back to you and with a jolt, you sat up. But it was too fast because the room spun and you swayed dangerously.

Skye sat down next to you, grabbing your upper arm to stabilize you. ''Hey, calm down. It's okay.''

You scooted a little further away, cringing at her hand on your arm. Hurt flashed behind Skye's eyes. You were still in just your tank top, but now you were freezing instead of sweating. ''Don't touch me. I don't want to hurt you.''

She shook her head but made no moves to touch you again. ''You won't. I trust you,'' she whispered, trying to catch your restless eyes with hers. By now, you had figured you were in the interrogation room slash cell on the Bus. It made sense. It was away from the others and the padding on all the walls made it the safest place to be.

''You shouldn't,'' you countered, lacing your shaking hands through your messy hair. It was still in a bun on your head, but more hair hang out of it than in it. ''Oh my god I set the hallway on fire. I did that.''

''Calm down,'' Skye said, seeing you beginning to panic. ''You need to keep breathing, keep your heartrate low, okay? It is somehow tied to our powers. If we panic, we lose control.''

You nodded faintly, concentrating on your breathing like May had taught you. Her lessons were very useful now, even if she probably didn't have this in mind while training you. Suddenly you looked at the woman next to you. You studied her pained eyes and the tired expression. Here you were, thinking only about yourself while she was also going through the same thing. 

Without thinking about it, you lunged for her and threw your arms around her. She was surprised, to say the least, but chuckled and held you close. She needed this hug just as much as you did. 

You rested your chin on her shoulder, the soft fabric of her sweater smelling like her, as she ran her fingers up and down your back. Every time they hit the edge of your top and continued on skin, you shivered slightly.

''You know this doesn't change anything, right?'' you murmured. ''Between us, I mean.''

You felt her stiffen so you pulled back, able to read her emotions better this way. ''You're still Skye and I'm still Y/N. DNA change or not, I still love you.''

Her heart skipped a beat. You meant it, with all your heart and soul. ''Are you sure? What if I don't like morning cuddles anymore?'' she asked, mischief shining in her brown eyes.

''Oh damn, that could be too drastic of a change. I take back what I said if that's the case.'' 

She shook her head, laughing. It was a nice change from the heavy topics and exhausting events. You enjoyed her smile and brushed some of her bangs out of her face. They were getting too long again, but you doubted going to a hairdresser would be an option any time soon.

''Stop looking at me like that,'' she blushed, which only made you look at her ''like that'' more.

You played dumb. ''Like what?'' But for the first time, you noticed the thick, bulky casts around her arms. How could you have missed those? You grabbed them with your hands and held them closer to your face. ''Wait, what are these?''