Left Behind

Summary request: you are left at the diner with Fitz at the end of season 4. You end up cryofreezing yourself to get back to your girl. 

Little warning: I got incredibly carried away because I loved writing this, so this is 5500 words long haha. Enjoy :)

Finally, after getting out of the Framework, beating AIDA and sending the Ghost Rider off again, everyone was together again. However, you all knew that wouldn't be for long. The whole deal with the LMD's and AIDA and all that. It was a huge mess. That and Daisy had presumably killed Talbot, although that was her LMD double and not her. 

You sat between Daisy and Jemma, enjoying your food because food in prison would probably suck. You were not scared of prison, knowing you could never be long in there anyway. Someone would eventually break you out. What would suck was being in a cell alone, without any of your friends, without Daisy who glanced at you every now and then, making sure you were still there. 

You couldn't really joke along with the others, the sword dangling above your head pulling all the fun out of it. But you smiled along to not drain the energy out of the room. You were beyond tired and wanted to curl up in bed with her somewhere and fall asleep with her fingers in your hair, but that wouldn't be possible for a while.

''You know, I think this is the first time we've all been together in a really long time,'' Coulson commented from Daisy's other side, cutting into his meal. He was really cheery, having accepted the situation. 

''Anybody have room for some pie?'' the woman behind the counter asked. She got consenting and enthusiastic hums in return, everyone perking up at the idea of cake. ''Okay, so we have apple, strawberry, rhubarb, and chocolate banana cream.''

Before she last syllable could leave her mouth, the lights cut out, bathing the diner in darkness. You couldn't see anything until harsh lights powered up behind you, lighting up the diner from outside. 

All of you were frozen until the door bashed open, making you drop your utensils. 

''Here we go,'' May said in her signature dry tone.

Slowly, everyone lifted their hands while you shared a nervous look with Daisy. She was much less scared, but something felt off, something you couldn't place.

Men with guns and body armor lined up behind your chairs while a man stopped behind Coulson. You couldn't see him since you didn't dare move your head too much, but he was bald and wore a dark suit. 

''Phillip J. Coulson,'' the man said. It wasn't as much a question as a statement, but Coulson answered anyway. 

''Yep, that's me. You got us. Nice job. And hey, congrats on the whole power-outage thing. It was very ominous,'' he joked. 

Subtly, Daisy touched your hand with hers, unable to do more to put you at ease. You went to throw her a smile when time stopped. 

It was impossible to describe what it felt like, to describe what had happened. One second you felt her hand against yours, the next it was gone. Not only that, but her presence too.

It was as if you were defrosting yourself. Shocked and startled, you dropped your hands and frantically looked to the spot your girlfriend had been sitting a second prior. She was gone. She was gone and so was the rest of them. Only their food was proof they had ever been there to begin with. 

But then you heard shuffling from your left. ''Y/N? What the hell happened? Where are they?''

It was Fitz. You and him were the only two people still here. The rest had vanished into nothingness. He was panicking and understandably so, having stepped off of his chair and wandering around.