Chapter Twelve

"You really think a tree is going to save you!" Glimmer shouts up at Katniss. She pulls out an arrow and strings it in the bow. She aims for Katniss's head. She's hesitant with her shot but lets go of the arrow. It misses. I'm getting angry so I decide to take Glimmer's bow and shoot an arrow myself. I miss too.

"Why don't you throw the sword too?" Katniss hollers down.

Instinctively I climb the tree. Get up about thirty feet and i try and grab the next branch but it can't hold me and I plummet down.

I grunt, "You can't stay up there forever!" I turn towards Lover Boy, "Go get fire wood, we're camping here tonight." Everyone else but Clove finds something to do.

She comes up to me a whispers, "It's okay Cat," and I'm instantly calmed. Cat. It felt so good to be called that again by her. I wish I could tell all the things I was thinking. How sorry I was for volunteering, because now, only one of us is coming out alive. How I'm goning to let her kill me if it comes down to it. How I love her.

But I can't. If I do, then we're jeprodized. 

I watch as she goes off with Glimmer and I wait for them to come back.

Soon, we have enough supplies to camp out for the night. The fire is started and I lie down tired. I feel someone snuggle up to me and I smile thinking its Clove, but when I look down, I see who it really is. 

Glimmer.

Can't she take a freaking hint?

Apparently not. I see someone shift in the corner of my eye and notice Clove. I already know what she's thinking. She's going to kill her first when we break the alliance.

Buzzing. Lots of it. I open my eyes to hear sreaming. Clove shoots past me along with Marvel. It takes me a while to finally get up and grab supplies and get out of there. "Lake! Get to the lake!" I hear Clove scream in the distance. She was in pain, and I had to get to her.

Soon enough, I break out into the clearing with the cornicopia in the middle and our pyramid of supplies. I keep running until I feel the water up to my knees. I'm just now feeling the stings. Its a mix of burning and stunning pain. All I know is that it hurts.

I dive under the water and when I come up, I see that Clove, Marvel, and Lover Boy followed suit.

Marvel frantically looks around, "Where's Glimmer?" 

"I don't know," Lover Boy replies.

"I never saw her get up," Clove adds. 

Then we hear it, the cannon. 

"Glimmer!" Marvel shouts in pain. For a moment I feel sorry for him, but then it hits me. One less person to worry about. 

Clove pipes up, "Wait, there's only one cannon. That means-"

"Katniss," Lover Boy says. He shoots up and starts running.

"Crap," I start running after him, the pain hurting even more now that I'm out of the water. I hear the others behind me, all in the pursuit to find him.