Chapter Thirteen

Somehow, the little bastard got farther away from my. It was probably the fact that he was the one that suffered the least amount of stings and therefore wasn't as dizzy which just made me angrier. I kept running in pursuit of him and i could hear Clove behind me panting. From a distance I can hear Lover Boy yelling. 

"Katniss! What are you doing? Go! GO!" I break out into the clearing as I see her start to run away. Lover Boy doesn't realise I'm behind him until its too late. I grab his neck with my arm and I'm careful not to move it that much. If I were to move just an inch his neck would snap. 

"You're choice Lover Boy, die slow and painly, or nice and quickly?" I breathe into his ear smiling. THis is what the Capitol wants. What they expect. Lover Boy is clawing at my arm trying to get free but its no use. 

"How 'bout I make it for you? See, you've crossed me enough times to count, so I wantyou to suffer as much as you can."

I release him a little bit so he can breathe again, but he still can't get loose. I walk him over to a river bank about a hundred or so yards away. I throw him to ground and he gasps for air on his stomach.

I take out my sword. "Now, where to cut you? There are some majors arteries I could sever but that would be a little to quick for my liking," I say as he tries feeblly to crawl away. "No, I know where," I've made up my mind. 

As he crawls I take his right leg and and cut until my sword hits bone. Lover Boy yells in painas the blood starts oozing out of my masterpiece. 

Right then, Clove comes through to the river bank. "Did you get her?" she asks.

"No," I shake my head, "but he'll do just fine."

I take a more better look at her and the damage the stings did. One of her fingers are swollen, and her bottom lip is more puffy than usual. There's the occasional sting on her arms and legs but those I didn't care about as much.

She looks down at Lover Boy disgusted at the cut; she takes my hand for the first time since we were put in the arena and says, "Come on, I don't want to be here when something finishes him."

She guides me through the woods until we come to the Cornicopia where Marvel and the District Three Boy is. Marvel is still greiving and I decide to leave him alone. As far as I'm comcerned, he's alone in this game.