Chapter Six

Clove and get back from training in time for supper. We're quiet and don't listen to what Brutus is saying. We already have our strategy. Tomorrow we will have our Training Session's with the Gamemakers. They'll give us a score of one to twelve so the audience will have people to bet on. I already know what I'm going to do, so does Clove.

We go to bed, but for some reason, I can't sleep. I stare up at the ceiling, waiting for the sleep to come, but it doesn't. My door opens. I expect it to be an Avox, but it's Clove.

"Cat? Can you sleep?" she asks sounding like a five year old.

"No." I say still staring at the ceiling. She flits over to the side of the bed and climbs in. "What are you doing?" I ask.

"Mm." she mumbles. Clove moves closer and I put an arm around her. Before i know it I'm asleep as well.

"Glimmer Diamamd." They shout out into the hall. We're all here, all twenty-four of us. Waiting for our session. Glimmer gets up and follows into the training center. We wait until the lady comes out and calls Marvel. 

Clove was shaking hard. She would be next. "Hey, it's gonna be fine. You're going to do as well as you always do." I reassure her.

She looks up at me, "Thanks Cat." Not to seconds more she is called to the training center for her session. I wait for my turn and try and relax. I can imagine Clove in her session. Taking the dozens of knifes in her hands and hitting the targets in the bullseye like in training. I smile and then the woman comes and calls me to the room.

I walk in and on a balcony are the Gamemakers in purple robes. They've only sat through three people so they're not bored yet. 

"District Two, Cato Aulvy." I say and then walk over to the rack where the steel sword is located. It feels light in my hands and slice through the air swiftly and easily. I go over to the life size dummies and cut them up as if they were nothing but butter. I go over to the targets and see where Clove's knifes hit. Directly in the bullseye. I step 30 feet away and throw the sword like Clove throws her knives, she taught me one summer when we were kids, it hits the bullseye. I hear applause from the Gamemakers. 

If that doesn't get a high score I don't know what will.

They dismiss me and I go back to the District Two floor. For the next three days the Gamemakers debate on our scores and they are televised live tonight. Clove is shaking waiting for the TV to come on. "Clo, you do fine." I say smilling.

"I know," she replies. The TV flicks on and Ceasar Flickerman and Claudius Templesmith are ready to broadcast the scores. They take turns saying the scores.

"Glimmer, 8."

"Marvel, 9"

"Clove, 9" She smiles at her achievement.

"Cato, 10." I get ovations.

This goes on and I'm the highest score until someone else."

"Peeta, 8"

"Katniss, 11" 

"Eleven!!" Clove screams. "What the-" I covered her mouth while she screams all sorts of vulgarity into my hand. She pries my hand from her mouth when she's done. "That shouldn't of happened! What could she have done?"

"I don't know. But we'll find out in the arena I guess."