Chapter Nine

I look over to my right and see Clove only a few tributes away. She's ready to run but is stopped by the land mines. We have to wait the sixty seconds to get off or get blown sky high.

I look to the Cornicopia. I'm sure that inside there's a sword for me and knives and spears for Glimmer, Marvel, and Clove.

I hear the gong ring and immediately I race for the cornicopia. Other tributes hesitate so they know that they won't be blown up but all of my allies are already at the Cornicopia. I see a steel sword thats to my liking. Right next to it are an array of knives that I know Clove will like to see. 

"Clo! Over here!" She comes in the Cornicopia and sees them. Clove scoops them up and then races outside. Marvel and Glimmier take all of the spears and follow. I pick up the sword and start out of the Cornicopia. I already see the casualties on the ground.

A girl is scrambling around, picking up the useless supplies in front.

Easy target.

I run forward and she looks up just as the sword enters her jugular. I pull out the sword and she falls to the ground. The cannons won't sound until the end of all the killing. No one's on my side of the Cornicopia so I start for the other sides. I turn and Lover girl is going for a backpack but so is a District Nine boy. They scramble until one of Clove's kills the boy. She throws another one but Lover girl deflects it with her backpack and then runs off. 

Clove's mad.

Really mad.

And she takes it out on a girl from 8. All the other tributes are either in the woods or dead. I go into the cornicopia. The little boy from four is trying to hide behind some storage containers. It pains me to kill soneone this small, but I rasie my sword and put him out of his misery. 

I go back out and see Marvel fighting with Lover boy. In a few moves he has him pinned to the ground.

"Well Lover Boy. How do you want it. Quick, or painful and drug out."

"Quick," He whispers.

"Painful and drug out it is." he replies. Marvel's spear is about to make the first cut when Love Boy screams.

"I can help you find her!"

"Who?" asks Glimmer stupidly.

"Katniss." 

They turn to me. I nod in approval. "Today's your lucky day. Lover Boy." Marvel releases him and I see the damage he did. Already his face is beginning to bruise and when he walks he limps. 

"We start tonight."