Chapter Two

I am in a room with two couches that face each other. About to say my last goodbyes to my family. I sit down and the door opens. Fendle rushes in and jumps into my arms. "Why did you do it? Why!" he screams.

I shush him and try to be comforting. "I did it for reasons you wouldn't understand, besides, I didn't was that little boy to go through this." I lift his head so he is eye level with me. "I'll be okay Fend, you'll see." My eyes water as I hug Fendle before a Peacekeeper takes him away. I look up at my dad, mum apparrently had broken down into tears and had run home. 

He puts a hand on my shoulder supportively, "You can do this," I nod and he is also taken away. 

Everyone is being taken away.

But not Clove.

Not yet anyway.

I shake the thoughts out of my head as the green haired woman appers. "We are ready for you now." she simply says. I get off the couch and make my way to her. 

She takes Clove and I to a car, we may live in a rich district but we've never been in a car before. It's all so new to both of us. 

We get to the train station and reporters are everywhere, trying to get statements from us, but the woman pushes us forward to the silver train. The head of it resembles a bullet, the way that the front swoops down. We are pushed into the train and into a dining car. There is mountains of food that makes my mouth water.

"Cat?" asks Clove.

"Yeah?" I say quickly turning to her.

"You're drooling." She points to a spot on my chin. I quickly wipe it away. "You know what we should do?" she asks.

"Yep." I whisper.

"3... 2... 1 GO!" She screams, we bolt for the food. Stuffing our faces with whatever we can, we only stop when we know that we should. 

We both look up and laugh at each other's faces. We split up and search for towels and then sit down and wait for our mentor. Man with broad shoulders came into the cart.

"Good to meet you. I'm Brutus."