Chapter Four

I come out of the room with my costume on. It was a gladiator uniform with a skirt that I didn't care for, and scales on the front chest. They gave me a head band with small wings  on the sides that looked like something the Greek God Hermes would wear. I got to the chariot assigned to Disrict Two. Clove is in the same costume only he headband was more of a hat and the scales went up to her neck. I look her over and notice a small bruise next to her eyes caked with makeup.

"Clove what happened?" I say holding her face in my hands.

"That's what I get for fighting off my prep team." she says laughing. What I thought was true. She had tried to fight her prep team everytime they would touch her. 

"Are you okay?" I ask worried. 

"Fine." 

A man tells us to get on the chariot. I help Clove since the Chariot is twice her size and then I get on. 

The chariot starts with ajolt and then we are soon in the Capitol's eyes. We wave and smile. I saw some girls swoon at me and the boy in District One. He's wearing pink which is way worse than a skirt.

Soon enough we're half way there and the cameras go to District Twelve. "What the-" mutters Clove. They're in black and their backs are on fire. They hold hands. It disgusts me. 

They do know that they'll have to kill each other right?

It was funny to me that I was mad. But they were showing us up and that made me angry. Soon we were in front of President Snow in his balcony. He stood up and said almost the same thing that they say a reapings. It was nothing new. Afterward, we made towards the Training Center. Clove and I ride the elevator for a short ammount of ime and then we go out into our floor. There's all sort of things. Some that look a little too modern and too colorful but that's the Capitol's entire style. With weird hairstyles and clothing that they pay fortunes for and only wear once and then throw away. 

Wasteful.

I go into my room to change. In my closet, I find a shirt and pants that are to my liking. I don't bother showering because the scent of apples is still on me. I go out of my room and see Clove and the woman, who's name is Nelim, on the couch watching the reapings. District Two has already been shown and we're to District Twelve. 

I see the girl tribute wasn't picked, but she volunteered. I later find out that she volunteered for her little sister. 

"I can't believe she volunteered!" Clove exclaims.

"She did it to protect her sister. I would've done it if Fendle was picked." I reply sitting on the couch. 

"I guess." she mutters looking down. "Besides, she'll never win anyway." Clove looks up smiling her devious smile. It worries me. The Capitol emblem appears and the anthem sounds. Afterward the TV shuts off.

"Clove? Can I talk to you?" I ask getting up from the couch.

"Sure Cat." she replies standing up and following me to my room. "What is it?" 

I closed the door. "We already have an alliance right?" 

"Of course, besides, I'd be dead without my right hand man." she playfully punches me in the arm.

Clove.

Dead.

The two things I want out of my head pop up at the wrong moments. "Good. The way that you said 'What do I do?' to Brutus had me worried. For a minute their I thought that we weren't gonna stick together."

"We are. 'Til the very end." she says smiling. The smile that makes her eyes light up in a way no one else's can. 

We were called to supper. I eat with manners but fast enough that I can take seconds before Brutus. His name suits him in every way possible.

"See you at training tomorrow Cat!" says Clove before disappearing into her room. 

"See ya'" I reply and go into mine. 

I lay down on the bed. My room is similar to the one on the train, but not as 'fruity'. It gives me time to think about things. Finally, I come to a decision.

Whatever means possible, Clove is going to be victor, and I'm going to either help her become one, or be one with her.