Chapter Sixteen

A/N:

Okay!!! Yay! so I have 16,000+ reads and im soo happy about that! Thank you all for the support and everything!!!! I really apreciate it all. If anything confuses you please comment below! 

So now without further a do, you chapter!

I open my eyes and we are still in the same place as we fell asleep. Clove is still asleep, wrapped tightly in my arms. I stroke her hair, as I know this maybe one of the last times I may do so. 

Oh, why'd you have to go and volunteer you big oaf. She could've won without you, and then you could be together forever.

But it had already been done, and I would have to die, so she could live. 

My mind starts to wonder, as I think of what could have been, getting married, having kids, if she would want to, and us just growing old together. I feel a tear go down my cheek, because I know that it will never happen now. I had screwed up big time, and there was no way I coud fix it.

Clove snuggles closer to me, if that's even possible. I hug her tighter, and I feel more tears falling down. 

At least you'll spend your last days with her, I think to myself. It doesn't comfort me as much as i thought it would.

I look down at her face. There's a small sleepish, dreamy smile on her face that makes me smile. I love her, and it's because I love her that I'm going to die. 

I rest my head back on the cold hard ground looking up into the morning sky. It's a lavender purple that I've never seen before. It seems to calm me down a little bit, but not by much.

I wish Clove would wake up. Just so I could get these thoughts from out of my head and concentrate on something else. 

I start thinking about my last words to her are going to be. I want them to be something short but meaningful. More than an 'I love you.' I just don't know what. 

I feel her stir against me and I watch as her eyes flutter open. The sky is now a more profound blue. She sits up and looks down at me and smiles. 

"Morning Cat," she says.

"Morning Clo," I say smiling back at her.

She gets right on top of me, looking down into my eyes. It's so familar yet so foreign in the arena. Like it's the first time she's ever done it to me. I rest my hands on her waist, "How did you sleep?" I ask.

"Great, especially with you for a pillow. How about you?"

"I slept okay," I say truthfully.

She frowns a little and sits off to the side of me, slipping from my grip around her waist. 

"What are we going to do Cat? Our supplies is gone, we lost Marvel, and we have no way to defend ourselves from Katniss's arrows. We're doomed," she says looking down at her hands in her lap.

"Hey, don't say that. We'll make it," I say. "We'll hunt and fish for food, we've never needed Marvel anyways and don't worry about Katniss. We'll be okay." I put my hand on hers and she looks into my eyes. 

"Okay," she says. She grips my hand tighter.

"C'mon, let's go see if we can salvage anything from our supplies." I stand up and pull her up gently and we start walking hand in hand to the Cornicopia, not caring what the Capitol thinks.