Chapter Eleven

The noise turns out to be a raccoon out scavaging. We don't kill it since we have so much food back at our base. We retrace our steps back to the cornucopia and each pick a package of food. We let Lover boy eat with us, since he could tell us something valuable about Katniss. 

He's quiet, and so are the rest of us. After we eat, we settle down and sleep with a fire close by. I try and get as close to Clove as I can without rising suspicion. I fall asleep easily, knowing that she's safe. 

I am the first to wake in the morning, the sun slowly rises as I do. I finish what I didn't eat last night, and wait for the others. Clove rises next and gives me a warm comforting smile, it disappears though after she hears Glimmer stir. It's not the same. I think. When the rest wake up, we decide who will kill the next victor. Glimmer. She picks up the bow, meant for Katniss, and states, "I'll do it, gladly."

"You've already had some glory, how about me?" Marvel asked a little nerved. He picked up his spear and seemed ready to fight.

"I don't care, as long as someone dies that isn't me," says Clove. "I say Marvel gets this one." 

Marvel smiles and Glimmer strings the bow over her shoulder. We decide to set off. We let Lover Boy  come to.

Clove spots smoke arising a couple thousand yards away. "Looks like another tribute got careless," Marvel says smiling, knowing that it will be his kill.

"C'mon then!" says Glimmer anxious for some blood, which makes me think deep inside how sick she really is.

We run for what seems forever and then we see a flash of a black jacket and here a splash. "It's her!" marvel yells.

"Katniss?" Lover Boy whispers under his breath. 

"Aw, looks like Lover Boy's gonna be sad tonight!" Glimmer says, whispering to Clove and they laugh. Glimmer's is hard and cold, but Clove's seems light and warm.

Katniss's head pops up from the little pond from which her leg is submerged. She gets up and starts running away from us and its not soon until i start sprinting after her with the others following.