'Original Song'

Misery by Maroon 5 performed by Blaine Anderson and the Warblers

Starting off the day with Blaine singing some Maroon 5 wasn't bad but Pavarotti was our special guest today and I couldn't be less excited.

After Blaine finished he said, "Hey Regionals,  you just met our opening number." everyone cheered but I don't know I wasn't impressed.

I was next to Kurt as Blaine walked over to us and asked, "How did you manage to find a Burberry-esque canary cage cover?"

Kurt smiled and said, "Canaries don't like cold weather, especially Pavarotti."

"Yeah do you want him to freeze?" I asked Blaine as I ran my finger down Pavarotti's feathers.

"So, what'd you think of the song?" Blaine asked us.

Kurt sighed, "Can I be really honest with you? Because it comes from a place of caring." Blaine nodded. "Been there done that. Look, you're amazing Blaine. Your solos are breath-taking, they're also numerous. I mean for starters Bellas first solo was at sectionals and she blew it out of the water."

I smiled and then glared at my brother. "Thank you Kurt for the compliment."

Blaine ignored me and said, "Kurt, the council decides who gets the solos. Do I detect a little jealousy?"

Kurt scoffed, "No you detect a lot of jealousy. Look, Blaine sometimes I don't feel like we're the Warblers. I feel like we're Blaine and the Pips."

I raised my casted hand, "I agree."

~~~~~~~~~~

"Quinn?" Jeff asked startling the crap out of me

"Holy fuck dude. Yeah it's her how did you know?" I asked when he sat down.

"You smile differently." I looked at him confused,

"what do you mean differently?"

He shrugged. "It just- You smile wider, and your eyes light up. When its anyone else your smile is evident but its just not the same."

I hesitantly asked, "Is it really?" He nodded. oh man goddamn

~~~~~~~~~~

"Warblers! Warblers! I am merely suggesting that instead of wearing blue ties with red piping, we wear jackets with red ties and blue piping for the competition." Blaine ranted as every warbler seemed to have a problem with.

"This is a kangaroo court!" Cole yelled.

"HEY! Listen I have to get my cast off so if you all could hurry this up please." I huffed as Kurt walked in slowly and in all black.

Blaine was the first one to respond to it, "Kurt, what's wrong?" He asked.

"It's Pavarotti. Pavarotti's dead. I suspect a stroke."