'The Spanish Teacher'

Softball starts today, i've been thinking about it a lot lately. The uniform number i'm gonna wear. The way i'm gonna do my eye black.

...but...

this in-front of me was way worse...

I watched awed yet disturbed next to Santana who had the same face on as me. She told me this might be bad but I didnt expect it to be this bad. This song has forever been ruined for me. And Tuesdays. Ruined.

"That was scary." I said to her as we walked out of the classroom.

"He knows nothing about Spanish culture." Santana said.

"Hablame de eso."(tell me about it.) I mumbled.

"You?" she asked a little confused at my Spanish words.

"Yeah, Im Puerto rican. Part Puerto rican. My abuela was adamant on me learning the language. Why does no one know this about me?"

"I don't know you've just never mentioned it and blaine seems so..."

"white?"

She nodded as we walked past Principal Figgens office. "Are you thinking what im thinking?" She asked.

I nodded and we took a turn and walked into the room.

~~~~~~~~~~

You know I was really thinking hard about my Spanish class. What had I actually learned in that class? I mean I dont think I learned anything.

Its school I'm supposed to learn something right?

Santana nudged my ribs with her elbow taking me out of my trance. I looked over at her as she shook her maracas.

I rolled my eyes and shook my head as Mr Shue jumped in the room. "All right, guys! Let me ask you something. Where do you think you'll be in the year 2030?" He asked writing '2030' on the board.

"Broadway." Kurt and Rachel said.

"Twinsies!" She added.

"Walking." Artie said and Puck caught me off guard as he said, "In jail, or dead. Or both."

I shook my head to forget what he just said and I said, "Married happily with kids." My eyes snuck over at Quinn who's eyes were already on me.

"Wherever you are, whatever you're doing, you're going to need to be able to speak Spanish."

"¡Ya puedo hacer eso!"(I can already do that) I exclaimed.

Mr Shue looked at me confused before talking again, "The reality is, by 2030, more people on this planet will be speaking Spanish than any other language. The world is changing. Our culture is changing. And that needs to be reflected in here. So for our next assignment, we're only doing songs written or performed by someone Latin, or of Latin descent. Or English songs performed bilingually."

"Ooh, I'm bilingual." Brittany said from beside Quinn.

"Uh, Mr. Shue, though I love that we're finally getting all Lima Sound Machine in here-"

"But why now?" I asked finishing Santanas sentence.

"Oh, because it's long overdue. The truth is, I love all things Latin. I mean, I love Latin food, Latin art, Latin people..."

"What latin people do you know Mr Shue?" I asked.

"I know. Um..." Just then someone knocked on the door and walked in.

Oh the timing. Oh boy and he's good looking, Quinn looked over at my jaw that was dropped. I didn't know this at the time but she was so jealous then.

"Guys, this is David Martinez. David Martinez, this is the Glee Club."