'Nationals'

"How bad is it?" Mr Shue asked as I patted a wet cloth on Mercedes forehead.

"Her temperature's 101 degrees. Given the fact that Weezy's complaining about an upset stomach, it's either Amazonian dengue fever or the H1N1 super virus." Sue answered.

"Or I have food poisoning." Mercedes answered dryly.

"We all wanted burritos for lunch, so we went to Chipotle, but Mercedes tried some dive called "Señora Salsation." Santana said sitting down next to me.

"So here's what's gonna happen: Mercedes, you're on bed rest, Quinn, you're stepping in."

Quinn quickly cut him off, "No, no, no, I can't dance that number. I can't sing it, either, not like-"

"The Trouble Tones need you."

"And you're exceptionally better than you think you are babe." I said smiling at her.

"Tina, Kylie, you, too. You're in the Trouble Tones."

"Mr.Shue, this is my last competition. I don't want to miss it." Mercedes said sitting up.

I pushed her back down gently and said, "Amen, to that, sister. That's why Sue. I need you to put her on a vitamin B-12 drip. We're flushing your system with Pedialyte, and she's gonna fill that bathtub with ice and see if we can't get your ambient body temperature back down to normal. Worked in Jacob's Ladder." Charlie said with a proud smile. You know what, I am proud of her that retained some level of information.

Sue pointed at her with her devil smirk, "Westbrook you are a genius." Charlie nodded and pointed back at her.

"All right, we all have our marching orders. Let's do it." Mr Shue said.

~~~~~~~~~~

'You've reached Pam Anderson, maybe not the one you're hoping, but leave a message after the beep."

*Beep*

"Hi Momma its uh me Bella, uhm im outside of the rehearsal room but uh were here, its nationals. Everything ive worked for is coming to use. Uhm im- I-I miss you. I wish you were here, I know you're working around this time so I hope you get this message. I gotta go. Call me back, please." I hung up and sighed. My mom and I are finally on a road where we can call eachother, before it was just texting just to see how eachother were doing, talking about a few things but we've just gotten to calling and I told Blaine about it through text when we were on the bus, which made him start texting my mom too. Neither of us has talked to dad but we both still are in touch with Cooper. I wish mom could be here for this.

I leaned back on the wall until I heard yelling. I rushed into the room and saw some of the boys yelling and being pushed around. "Hey stop it!" I yelled trying to intervene.

"Fight, fight, fight!" Sugar yelled as Mr Shue came rushing into the room.

"Hey, cool out!" Noah yelled at Sam.

"He's studying for geography while we're trying to rehearse! It's bogus!" Sam yelled back

"'Cause I already know the dance! You dance like you got your feet caught in bear traps. You're trying to gnaw them off." He said as Sam tried to charge again.

"Mr.Shue, are you aware that while we're arguing about jazz squares, Unique is being handed the key to the city by Rahm Emanuel?" Kurt pointed out.

Before I knew it my breathing started to pace. I get anxious around all the yelling which kind gf sounds hypocritical of me but live with it. I think it all really catching up to me right now in this moment.